By Stephanie Ciccarelli
January 12, 2006
Run your business smoothly and safely incorporating these tips.
By following these simple guidelines, your experience at Voices.com will be greatly enhanced in many ways, including your abilities to:
1) Attract qualified clients to your web page
2) Receive work through the auditioning process
3) Successfully invoice clients when you have landed a job
We developed a document called the "10 Best Practices for Voice Over Talents" and are publishing it here on Vox Daily to help you grow in your voice acting career.
• Describe your voice and completely fill out your Profile information. Check your spelling and grammar.
• Upload sample recordings of your voice.
• Submit a personalized proposal and include your contact information.
• Upload a demo that suits the client's needs.
• Quote appropriately (i.e. per project, per page, market size, word count, etc.).
• Draft a written agreement for your client to sign and return by fax. Email agreements are binding, but a signed agreement is better.
• Request a 50% deposit before recording the script or use Voices.com's SurePay service
• Obtain the remaining balance due prior to delivery of final work.
• Make use of your PayPal button at Voices.com to accept credit card payments.
• Follow up with your clients to ensure their satisfaction and to ask for testimonials.
Contact us by email or call toll-free at 1-888-359-3472 for more help.
Growth is the new business imperative, and that means seeking new markets wherever they may be. Before you cross the border, you'll need to prepare. Learn more about translation.
Vox Daily offers a daily dose of voice acting news, articles, tutorials, interviews, intelligent conversation and business ideas for voice talent and voice actors.
Our feed & social options update you with special offers and news as it happens.