Summer Internships: Voice-overs in Delhi

June 12, 2006

Add-on courses? Voice-over internships in India on the rise.

Greetings,

The Hindustan Times had an interesting article about what their trendy teens are up to this summer.

Instead of working 'summer' jobs, many college students are pursuing internships in career fields, including voice-overs as an initiative by Delhi University colleges to help students gain hands on experience called add-on courses.

“Internships are part of our add-on courses like journalism. Students of other short-term courses like advertising and banking also visit advertising agencies and banks to see people in action,” said Meera Ramchandran, principal, Gargi College.

“The students may or may not get stipend for these internships but they do get experience in these organisations,” she said. “Most of our students do summer jobs such as voice-overs and editing.

Well, there you have it!

Do you know of other 'add-on' educational summer internship programs for broadcast and voice-overs like the opportunities mentioned in India?

Have you participated in a voice-over internship or do you coordinate one?

Leave a comment on the blog!

Cheers,

Comments

Quite interesting, I have student friends who are interested in this internship.

Is there travelling involved? Please let me know.

Cheers

• Charleston
    • June 21, 2006 4:39 PM

Hi Charleston,

Thank you for your comment. The internships are part of add-on courses offered by some colleges related to the Delhi University.

There are likely similar opportunities available in your area. I would recommend that your friends contact their academic counsellors for more information.

Hi!

Glad to read this interesting article... I'm not studying, but working for myself.

Can you help me and tell me how I can get about to doing voice overs as a freelancer?

Thanks & cheers!

Shibani

• shibani
        • November 4, 2006 12:58 PM

I want to find voice over jobs but how I don't know how.

• Megha Gupta
          • November 23, 2006 4:18 AM

Hi Shibani and Megha,

Thank you for your comments.

The first thing you should do to find voice over work is to make sure that you have a solid voice over demo that you can market yourself with.

This demo should be in MP3 format saved at 128 kbps or higher. CD quality is best.

The next step is getting your voice out there on the web.

What can you do next?

Sign up for a Guest account at Voices.com to increase your visibility. You'll get a free website and enough room to upload your voice samples.

Learn more by visiting this link:

Best,

I would like to know more about summer internships. I'm presently doing ECO HNS from D.U.( 1st year)
              kindly help me with the same. Any suggestions?

• Ridhi
              • April 1, 2007 4:29 AM

I am pursuing BCA and I want to apply for the summer internship in an IT firm. Is there any scope?

• Chandana
                • April 17, 2007 3:11 PM

I am pursuing BCA and I want to apply for the summer internship in any IT related MNC. How can i get that ?

• Nikhil Jha
                  • April 25, 2007 1:37 AM

Hi,
                    I m pursuing bachelors in mass communication from ip college for women, DU. I'd like to know about summer internships that I can apply for.

Thanks

• Sheeba Sehgal
                    • May 3, 2007 5:53 AM

I am doing my B.S. in Finance from State University of New York at Buffalo, and back home this summer. I am looking for a summer internship or any apprenticeship programme.

• Vidit Gupta
                      • May 16, 2007 2:24 AM

I would like to know more about summer internships in the advertising industry, particularly for a person from a non advertising background.. is it possible?

• Aumeya
                        • June 3, 2007 10:10 AM

Hi,

I am currently doing BJMC from Ip college. I want to apply for summer internship in some news channel or newspaper or in radio station. Can anyone tell me how can I apply for?

• Mansi
                          • June 8, 2007 11:03 AM

Hi,

I would like to know if there are any places in india that give short time courses for voiceovers?

How would I get the opportunity to freelance as a voiceover artist?

• teja thorat
                            • July 3, 2007 12:01 PM

hi,

I am pursuing my masters in Mass Communication. I would be highly obliged if u would kindly acquaint me,about from where I could get voiceover training?

Geetika Uniyal

• Geetika Uniyal
                              • October 29, 2007 8:17 AM

hi,

i m pursuing BMC from GURU JAMBESHWAR UNIVERSITY second year.i want to know how to apply for internship in news channels &radio stations.please reply me as soon as possible.

DEEPANTI SHARMA

• DEEPANTI
                                • January 4, 2008 3:34 AM

hi

i m pursuing BAJM from SIKKIM MANIPAL UNIVERSITY second year. i want to know about internships in news channel or in radio stations, so kindly let me know as soon as possible.

RENU SAHI

• RENU SAHI
                                  • January 4, 2008 3:41 AM

hi
                                    i m persuing mba in media management from international school of business and media ,my specialization is advertising and marketing .i want to do my interns that is of 2.5 months from 15th of april to june end .so as`early as i want to know how to apply for intership in advertising agencies.kindly reply me as`soon as .thanking you

• krishna mishra
                                    • March 9, 2008 3:31 PM

Hi everyone,

If you are hoping to get an internship in India, I encourage you to connect with institutions and companies in India.

I originally wrote this article to highlight add-on courses at a particular university.

You won't find an internship through this article alone.

Thank you and good luck!

I want to know where can you get a proper training to start as a voice over artist?

• Manish Nagar
                                        • March 13, 2008 10:31 AM

i am student of BJMC 2 nd year !! i want 2 do internship in any news chanel ! can u tell me how can i do??

• tarun khurana
                                          • April 5, 2008 2:19 PM

I am journalism student and have done anchoring in many events including voice over anchoring. I also possess the gift of mimickry of many actors like Nana Patekar , Sunil Shetty , Sunny Deol, Baba Ramdev, Mika , Paresh Rawal etc. I would appreciate if I can get some assignments.

With regards,
                                            Aditya Uppal

• Aditya Uppal
                                            • May 12, 2008 11:12 AM

Hi!i'am persuising Bsc(H)Mathematics from Delhi University.Rather wasting my time at home i'd like to keep myself engaged by doing some internship and gain some experience tat would help me in future.I have no idea as to where i should apply.Please help.

• geethika sebastian
                                              • February 5, 2009 8:33 AM

hi,
                                                i am pursuing political science honours course from, lady shri ram college delhi university, i want to know and do something during my summer holidays, so guys can you suggest me options and whare to apply, i really dont have any idea in this matter.

• sayoni biswas
                                                • February 9, 2009 2:01 AM

hii.. i am pursuing POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN ADVERTIISING & P.R. so i m looking for an internship in advertising agency in delhi. kindly suggest some good adv. agencies in delhi.. which provides internship to the freshers.
                                                  waiting for your reply.
                                                  Natasha kalra

• NATASHA KALRA
                                                  • March 18, 2009 2:50 PM

hi, m doing history honrs from miranda house , delhi univ.......i want to do an internship this year. i just gave my second year exams. any suggestions??
                                                    Tanya

• tanya singh
                                                    • April 30, 2009 7:01 AM

Hi!
                                                      I am currently doing BJMC from Jagannath college. I want to apply for summer internship in some news channel or newspaper or in radio station. Can anyone tell me how can I apply for?

thnx...

• neha chopra
                                                      • April 30, 2009 3:07 PM

hi..i m a 3rd year student of delhi university...i am searching for 6- weeks internship in print/ electronic media.... plz help me out..... luking for quick reply...thanks.

• preeti panwar
                                                        • May 22, 2009 8:09 AM

REspected sir,
                                                          I am persuing Mass communication and journalism from IP University. Its my last year and before that i have to undergo an internship/summer training under Electronic media. I had a 1month experience under Hindustan Times under its designing department. Baiscaly what i need is a field experience under a well reputed news channel. I just need a field experience. It can be reporting department or it can also be technical team. I have the experince of working on professional camera as well. And can serve as TV news anchor as well. I even have a wide knowlegde and good hand over design softwares(photoshop, corel draw, Quarke Express)

Waiting for a reply from your side
                                                          Abhimanyu Aggarwal
                                                          abhi_ab28@yahoo.com
                                                          9717296608; 011-64738791

• Abhimanyu Aggarwal
                                                          • June 2, 2009 12:16 PM

am currently doing MMC from DR.B.R.A. UNIV. I want to apply for summer internship in some news channel or newspaper or in radio station. Can anyone tell me how can I apply for?

• anu
                                                            • June 9, 2009 7:17 AM

Hi my name is geetanjali ,i have just completed my BJMC from IMS Noida,and now iam consistently looking for internship in any news channel or magzine companies,so kindly suggest me....

Thanks

i m pursuing MBA from P T U second sem. i want to know about internships in FMCG or in Tellicom, so kindly let me know as soon as possible.

• santanu
                                                                • September 5, 2009 4:43 AM

i m currently doing journalism final year and i want to do internship how to do internship in radio stations

• reetika dhawan
                                                                  • November 25, 2009 1:13 AM

i would like to do internship in electronic media news channel experience in Times of india would like to do inturn in hindi news channel.
                                                                    regards,
                                                                    vipin

• VIPIN KUMAR
                                                                    • January 11, 2010 5:29 AM

i m persuing journalism final year i m very much interested to do internship plz let me whole about dis

• reetika dhawan
                                                                      • January 14, 2010 10:34 AM

hi...im a student of ploitical science and im really intrested in working as an intern in a NGO. so please help me.

• sheetal digari
                                                                        • February 13, 2010 12:38 PM

i am persuing master degree in journalism, this is my final semester. my first love is media so i want to enter in this field through internship, i also want to leave my present job which is of different field so please help me.

• Deepak Barthwal
                                                                          • April 25, 2010 1:32 AM

dear sir/mam

i am graduate & doing post graduation diploma in journalism & mass comunnication from IGNOU universty delhi as well as i have done a certificte course in radio jockey , tv news anchoring fom Y.M.C.A new delhi.so help me out that how can i do a summer internship.
                                                                            please do the needfull.looking for your further information

thanks & regards
                                                                            chander shekhar
                                                                            9999056558

• chander shekhar
                                                                            • May 5, 2010 3:52 PM

i have just completed my post graduate diploma in mass communication and journalism and i want to pursue internship for six weeks in a english news channel.kindly reply as soon as possible.thanking you.

• pranjal saikia
                                                                              • June 18, 2010 3:53 AM

hi, i,m a student of s.ybmm and i want to pursue internship for any news channel in mumbai. kindly reply as soon as possible.thanking you.

• hiten
                                                                                • July 25, 2010 7:23 AM

hi, i,m a student of y.w.c.a delhi and i want to pursue internship for any news channel in delhi . kindly reply as soon as possible.thanking you.
                                                                                  but i clear u one think i just start my mass com before 3 months

• deepa sharma
                                                                                  • September 30, 2010 7:53 AM

Hi
                                                                                    I am interested in as voice-over course,please help me find some good institute or workshop to help make carrier in this area

• Monika arora
                                                                                    • November 8, 2010 7:06 AM

Hi
                                                                                      I would like to work as a voice over artist. I have already worked as a voice over artist in a Max Hospital advertisement, and many other. I would like to learn more from your organisation.

Cheers

• Vinita
                                                                                      • December 10, 2010 8:09 AM

i m mba student and i want 2 do internship in advertisment field so will you plz help me in this regard

• manish singh
                                                                                        • December 24, 2010 5:13 AM

I am pursuing political science honors from Hindu college ,University of Delhi. I am looking for an internship with a prominent newspaper which would broaden my understanding and would provide me the opportunity to work with them. Such experiences are always enriching and allows students to venture the area of news writing. please reply as soon as possible .

• siddharth chakraborty
                                                                                          • February 5, 2011 9:06 AM

hey..m journalism student....i want to internship in print media...so kindly let me know more about different internships available this summer and also the procedure to apply.
                                                                                            thank you ..!!

• taru
                                                                                            • February 6, 2011 11:21 AM

I got an industry exposure with a great project & eventually an internship offer thru www.youth4work.com .. highly recommended
                                                                                              Parul

• Parul Mittal
                                                                                              • February 25, 2011 4:57 AM

hi

i am pursing m.A in mass communication take one school of mass communitcation so pls confirm the internship some chanel

• swati bisht
                                                                                                • March 9, 2011 9:54 AM

i want 2 do internship im a first yr econ hons student from lady shri ram
                                                                                                  pl lemme noe

• vandana
                                                                                                  • March 19, 2011 10:58 AM

hi,
                                                                                                    i am pursuing B.A in mass media from Jamia Millia Islamia. I want to pursue internship for any new channel , newsparer or magazin. .......plz help me .....................

• ITI SHARAN
                                                                                                    • April 20, 2011 4:07 PM

sir
                                                                                                      i m student of DU sir i want to join short term course which is held by DU. i feel bore during this breaks plzzz refer me and give some of the intership company name as i mstudent of industrial chemistery student

• shivam
                                                                                                      • May 20, 2011 11:19 PM

hello mam,

im pursuing mass com from VIPS and in 2nd yr. i want to do internship in advertising in delhi . rite now em not finding any agencies who providing internship. if u help me regarding dis.. so plz let me noe.. looking forward for positive rply.

• mansi
                                                                                                        • June 8, 2011 2:41 AM

Hello mam!
                                                                                                          I am pursuing PG DIP IN JOURNALISM from AMU, ALIGARH, I want to do internship in advertising in Delhi . rite now em not finding any agencies who providing internship. if u help me regarding dis.. so plz let me noe.. looking forward for positive rply.

• Shikha Singh
                                                                                                          • June 10, 2011 7:01 AM

I am a student of journalism in VIPS under GGSIPU,Delhi appeared in 4th Sem.Exam. I have to do Internship for June-July,2011, which is compulsory as per Syllabus of the University for getting good results in exam but after making efforts, I am not able to get Internship offer till today i.e. 18th June. Can you help me in this regard.

I am student of Journalism in VIPS under GGSIPU, Delhi appearing in 4th Sem. Exam. As pe Syllabus of the University now I have to do Internship for June-July,2011 in some TV Channel, DD, Radio etc. but inspite of making efforts till today i.e. 18.6.2011 I have not been able to get offer from anywhere. Can you help me in this regard.

dear sir/mam
                                                                                                              i am graduate & doing post graduation diploma in journalism & mass comunnication from marwah studio in film city noida and i wanna do internship in media cahnnel how i can do inernship ? can you help me in this regard
                                                                                                              thanks & regard
                                                                                                              rajneesh tiwari
                                                                                                              9540909233
                                                                                                              rajantiwari948@gmail.com

• rajneesh tiwari
                                                                                                              • June 30, 2011 4:21 PM

hi
                                                                                                                i m pursuing BAJM from SIKKIM MANIPAL UNIVERSITY second year. i want to know about internships in news channel, so kindly let me know as soon as possible.

nikita singh

• nikita singh
                                                                                                                • August 30, 2011 7:20 AM

hello
                                                                                                                  i have done b.tech in computer science.now i want to join media field. so plz tell me is there any way to get the internship. i am too much tensed now a days coz of my future n i really want to go ahead in anchoring and media line. i want to get the internship and want to learn a lot. so please guide me and give me the suggetions to find a right path.

WITH REGARDS

ASHISH TIWARI

• ASHISH TIWARI
                                                                                                                  • September 28, 2011 7:44 AM

hello.....
                                                                                                                    im pusuing my majors in Developmrnt Communicationb And Extension from Lady Irwin College , DU.
                                                                                                                    I want to gain an experience in this field , as im intrested in this.....
                                                                                                                    Can you let me know about any needed training is required or not. OR the training sessions are given by the employer itself.
                                                                                                                    kindly please help me out with these and suggest me some places also where i can apply..
                                                                                                                    thanking you
                                                                                                                    your's sincerely
                                                                                                                    VIDUSHI JAIN

• vidushi jain
                                                                                                                    • October 16, 2011 12:25 PM

hey...i would like 2 do internship as a voice artist......can u provide some information regarding this.
                                                                                                                      with regards
                                                                                                                      Jyoti sharma

• Jyoti Sharma
                                                                                                                      • January 10, 2012 11:29 AM

sir...i m vivek pandey student of mass com...n i want to do internship from your news channel, can u plz inform me.......thank u mob:-7838044275

• Vivek pandey
                                                                                                                        • March 12, 2012 4:40 AM

sir ..i m a journalism student of 2nd year and i am intrested in doing internship in your organization and i will try to fullfill all the goals of the organization.it would be glad if u provide me this oppurtunity..
                                                                                                                          phone no -9999734880

• amrit pal singh
                                                                                                                          • March 25, 2012 8:00 AM

Thank you so much to intoduce to us the opportunity of internship.I am as student in journalism and mass communication,i completed my graduation from burdwan university in B.A.Eng(hons).I am looking for an internship in my field of education so that i have an expirience .of how things work so that at the end of my course i will have better growth prospective in jobs.kindly help.my vaccations starts in june

• amrita prasad