By David Ciccarelli
July 14, 2006
As the imminent launch of Voices.com approaches, we thought we'd share the top 10 feature requests received in recent months. What's good, what's terrible? Let us know.
* These features are listed in the logical order of activities when using Voices.com, not by most important.
Here's Your Top 10 List of Voices.com Features
1. Profile: A single check box will let you show or hide your online communication options, including Skype, Yahoo! Messenger, MSN Messenger, AOL Messenger and Google Talk. You will also be able to list specific skills on your 'Profile' in addition to voice-over.
Your account information will be separate in your 'Profile'. Account information includes your registration date, renewal date, phone number and billing address.
2. Your 'Preferences' will govern email notifications and viewable jobs. For example, if are an English speaking male talent, youâ€™ll never see jobs for the ladies or languages that donâ€™t match your 'Profile'.
3. Helpful suggestions and ideas will be included in a pop up window for clients so that they can better communicate what they are looking for. This may include ideas such as: Have you considered the attitude that you are looking for? Age range? The type of voice, whether deep, or light?
4. Email notifications will include full details so that you can make an instant decision regarding whether or not you are suited for the job, saving you time and energy.
5. Only jobs that meet your 'Preferences' will be visible to you on the jobs board, i.e. no male jobs showing up for a female talent, etc.
6. You soon will have the option to 'Select All' and delete jobs you are not interested in quickly. There will also be an option to undo deleted jobs.
7. You will have a review page to confirm that the proper demo is associated with the audition and that a quote / proposal with all necessary information is present before submitting an audition.
Responses can be previewed giving you the option to â€˜Editâ€™ or 'Submitâ€™ your audition. Preview, edit, then send when everything looks and sounds good. The 'Submit' button will be more obvious. If you are in the middle of auditioning, the 'Reply' button will not be visible.
8. 'Next Job' and 'Back' tools will appear on the confirmation page once an audition has been submitted simplifying the navigation and letting you move on to your next audition quickly. At the same time, jobs that you have auditioned for will be automatically moved to the 'Answered Jobs' folder.
9. You'll be pleased to know that when a job hits its deadline it is 'Closed' and moved to the 'Deleted Jobs' folder.
10. Feedback: Rating and Review. A rating will be different from a review. You will be able to moderate the reviews but not the ratings. You will be able to 'Accept' or 'Deny' reviews.
We are currently working on a list of over 150 features for Voices.com. If you have any suggestions, now is the time to let us know what is most important to you!
David and the Voices.com Team
P.S. Here's the new talent web page design!
Related Topics: Google
Learn why video animation is more important than ever, how you can use it to gain competitive advantage and what tools are out there to help you make it happen.
Vox Daily offers a daily dose of voice acting news, articles, tutorials, interviews, intelligent conversation and business ideas for voice talent and voice actors.
Our feed & social options update you with special offers and news as it happens.