Voice Actor Boot Camp

August 18, 2006

Lex Lang and Sandy Fox have teamed up to give your their spin on everything you wanted to know about voice acting. Three workshops are available this fall in Burbank, California.

I came across a press release on Anime on DVD this morning for Lex Lang and Sandy Fox's Voice Actor Boot Camp, a series of classes to be held this fall in Burbank, California.

All sessions are held on Saturdays at Bang Zoom! Studios. The duration of each session is one day only, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Choose from one of the following classes:

Saturday September 16th, Saturday October 14th, or Saturday November 4th.

The workshop will:

* Give you lots of experience working with microphones
* Unlock the secrets of getting a good agent
* Learn how to nail a voice acting audition
* Receive handouts on how to become a great voice actor and more.

Sandy Fox sent me some great details about the workshop, which I've included below:

"The Voice Actor's Boot Camp is a really great one day course in everything you wanted to know about voice acting. It was developed for people who have always wanted to be a voice actor, but did not know how to break into the business. The class is taught by Lex Lang, voice actor, writer and director and myself. We start by going over the tools necessary for getting an agent, making a good demo and voice over etiquette. The class encompasses the voice actor's career from commercials, TV promos, Walla for live action film and TV, mainstream animation to the intricate technique of Anime and dubbing. Each student will get time on the mike and receive direction."

To learn more about the workshop, visit the Bang Zoom! Studio Voice Acting School to contact the studio and register for one of the sessions.

About the Instructors

lex-lang-voice-actor.jpgLex Lang

Lex Lang is quickly becoming Hollywood's most in demand voice actor and director. His work is versatile and professional, and his vocal abilities include: Promos, Narration, Documentaries, Movie Trailers, Animation, Celebrity Voice Matching, Internet Multimedia, Games, Radio, CD-Roms and more.

Clients Include: Universal Pictures, Lucas Arts, Warner Brothers, HBO Pictures, CBS, The Discovery Channel, ABC, Disney, Home Shopping Network, MTV, Sony Pictures, NBC, Replay TV, Fox, IMf8AX, Fox Kids, Activision, 3DO, Kronus Digital Entertainment, Interplay, UBI Soft Entertainment, The Weather Channel, Porchlight Entertainment, VH1, The Family Channel, Digital Pictures, Saban Entertainment, Comedy Central, and the National Geographic Channel.

sandy-fox-voice-actor.jpgSandy Fox

Sandy Fox has over 27 years of entertainment industry experience. She has been working in the voice over industry for such clients as FOX, Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, NBC, PBS, Disney, Universal, Pioneer, Fox Kids, The Disney Channel, Geneon and Bandai.

Best,

Related Topics: animation, cartoons, Celebrity, comedy, Disney, Hollywood, how to, industry, Microphones, Nickelodeon, radio, TV

Comments

Great article for newbies and those wondering if they have what it takes!

What about these type of shops available in the London and surrounding area? Is Toronto the only place to attend workshops? I have only seen one (1 day) workshop in London in the last few years at Dansanman Studios....

Hmmmm... maybe someone reading this blog is thinking of setting up a class or 2?

The Show Must Go On!

Blair

Sounds like a great workshop but are there any workshops like this available in New York City and why isn't Dan Green on the DVD? Because I seriously aspire to be a voice actress when I grow up and Dan Green is just as good as Wayne Grayson!

Laura

• Laura
      • August 26, 2006 10:02 PM

What???

You're kidding... there are PLENTY of VO bootcamps in NYC. There are even a few ADR classes if you know where to look.

If you can't find them, ask your local casting agency.

This weekend I'm deciding on whether or not to do this one and make the trip from the East Coast out there. Methinks this is more for the beginner though, than the established VA.

• Gregory
        • September 30, 2006 1:08 PM

I would like to be on the Disney channel.

• Shay
          • November 14, 2006 10:37 PM

Hi Shay,

Voicing a Disney character would be an amazing feat!

Follow your dreams and let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

P.S. Did anyone attend the workshop mentioned in this post? Any feedback?

I've been reading about this specific voice acting boot camp recently and I'm so intrigued. Unfortunately I was weeks late on finding out about it. How depressing.

• Holly
              • November 24, 2006 1:38 AM

Hi,

I am extremely interested in becoming a voice actor, but I live in Texas. How can I become one? Do I have to move to California?

Do they have this kind of thing all over the country, or just in California?

• Melanie
                • June 3, 2007 10:19 PM

I would LOVE to become a voice actor, but what does it take? I would like to Voice-Over an Anime (To be Exact!), I love putting myself in a different Personality and I have Loved Anime for the Longest time. Do you have any tips and What is the Age requirement?

• Kayla
                  • June 19, 2007 6:41 PM

Hello,

I also live in Texas and would like to know how I can become a voice actor. Where exactly would I have to go to find casting auditions here ?

• Nikki
                    • July 22, 2007 2:59 AM

I am very interested in doing voice over work. It's one of my dreams and goal before I die.

I hope to work with Funimation one of these days. I watch a lot of anime and it just seems like the best job in the world.

<3lilly.

• Ariel Lilly Hernandez
                      • October 27, 2007 7:21 PM

My friends and family all think i should be a voice actor for disney, i do all kinds of voices especially a chipmunk

Jonathan