Antonio Banderas Voice Career and Nasonex Bee

September 8, 2006

Antonio Banderas is known for his work on camera, but is quickly becoming recognized for his voice work behind the scenes.

nasonex-bee.jpgA couple of nights ago, I happened to be watching television when a commercial for Nasonex came on featuring an animated bee with an incredibly familiar voice.

By the end of the :30 commercial, I was quite aware that the voice of the bee was none other than Hollywood actor Antonio Banderas, a native of Spain. The bee's suave Spanish accent and the distinct color of its voice gave Antonio away, as did the personality of the character he was portraying relative to other roles he has recently performed.

antonio-banderas.jpgNow, this isn't the first time Antonio's voice has played a prominent role in his projects.

Antonio Banderas made a splash voicing the role of the adorable yet dangerous 'Puss In Boots' in Shrek II, and is slated to reprise his role in the third installment of the trilogy, Shrek the Third, due out in 2007.

Can't get enough of Puss In Boots? The IMDb (The Internet Movie Database) says that a feature film Puss In Boots has been announced, set for release in 2008.

Have you heard any celebrity voice-overs lately on television?

Best,

P.S. Antonio Banderas is also known for his singing voice in the movie "Evita" (1996) performing as 'Che' the narrator.

Related Topics: Accent, Antonio Banderas, Celebrity, Dora, Hollywood, Shrek

Comments

Thank you for this info. I have won a bet because of it.

• Meghann
    • February 6, 2007 7:46 PM

My dad says the voice of the bee is Portuguese actor Joaquim de Almeida I still believe it is Antonio. Both these actors have worked together in several films and sound similar but Antonio's voice is very distinctive.

Help

• Shirley
      • March 3, 2007 5:15 PM

I know it is Antonio... who else could have that sexy of a voice and be an ugly flying bee?

• Sharon Westover
        • March 23, 2007 9:17 PM

Just a few lines down... there's the answer. It's Antonio. :D

• Lisa Weber
          • April 4, 2007 12:39 AM

I love the Bee in the Nasonex commercial. Just realized it was Antonio Banderas.

• Highflyer
            • May 21, 2007 6:48 PM

Me too! I already like this commercial better. mag

• mag
              • August 7, 2007 9:15 PM

I always thought that the Nasonex bee was Antonio Banderas! I love his voice! Tiene un accento extranjero muy buenismo =]

• Jessica
                • August 13, 2007 7:53 PM

I love the Nasonex bee por que es muy guapo. Sexy sexy guapo bee!

• cat
                  • August 23, 2007 11:27 AM

Thank You! Thank You! FINALLY I find out what I ALREADY knew. I love the Nasonex commercial and have told everyone it HAD to be Banderas. Just love his suave way of speaking English! Want more of his voice PLEASE.

Thanks Again, Laura

• Laura
                    • September 6, 2007 2:58 PM

Antonio is amazing on tv

• Arieal
                      • September 12, 2007 12:46 AM

I believe the female voice is also Michelle Forbes of STNG
                        fame (Ensign Ro)? Can anyone confirm that?

• Eddie
                        • October 4, 2007 12:27 PM

I was right!!! The Bee is Antonio Banderas!!! His voice is very distinct!

• Valerie
                          • December 18, 2007 8:58 PM

I knew from the first time I heard it it was Antonio. My daughter has a Carin Terrier that will race in from outside when ever he hears the Bee. He has almost knocked over the TV table barking and jumping at the TV.

• Joann
                            • April 8, 2008 7:57 PM

I knew that was Antonio's voice, and my husband wasn't sure, so that's why I did an "Ask.Com" to find out. I love the commercial and we love the Puss in Boots from Shrek, also. Banderas has that very recognizable voice!!!!!

• Ruthee
                              • April 26, 2008 12:37 PM

Antonio Banderas can be a Bee in my hat anytime . I never liked a Bee so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. He is one you hear that voice and fall in love with it ..

• Darlene
                                • April 27, 2008 12:39 PM

Yes it is Antonio, no hiding that voice. He is awesome. Amo a Antonio. él es grande.

• cj
                                  • May 14, 2008 2:19 PM

First a cat, then a bee... what animal will AB voice next?

Kudos to Antonio!! He's an amazing actor and can do voice overs extremely well.

• Gabrielle
                                      • July 16, 2008 3:05 PM

I thought it was Ricardo Montalban from "Fantasy Island", but after hearing it several times, it hit me that it had to be "Antonio Banderas". He sure a hot little bee!!!!;-) lol

• TheBeeKeeper
                                        • August 16, 2008 12:19 PM

Just noticed it too and this popped up!

• VOX Daily Reader
                                          • April 3, 2009 10:14 PM

The bee that they may call it .. it is really a wasp because bees are brown and black and wasp are black and yellow

• VOX Daily Reader
                                            • November 16, 2009 11:25 AM

I knew after the second time I heard the commercial that it was Antonio Banderas....his voice is so distinct and unmistakeably sexy.

• Mchelle
                                              • August 19, 2010 2:15 PM

hey, i think that the bee has his cheek bones as well, does anyone else think that he looks like the bee? just a little??

• england, visiting wisconsin
                                                • September 2, 2010 10:35 PM

Antonio's initials are A.B. Get it - a bee~ And the bee does look exactly like Antonio.

• bronson
                                                  • May 20, 2011 5:23 PM

I am a huge fan of AB! Have his posters and all! I also have vanity plates on my car which had to be abreviated! Melonie,you are one lucky woman! Although I dont have his tatt on my body,i have the name plates,BANDRS!!Cheerish your beautiful husband! I wish one day I could meet him! Xoxo,a fan!

• Helena
                                                    • September 24, 2011 12:07 AM

• Helena
                                                      • September 24, 2011 12:11 AM

yes, I thought it was Antonio, His voice was so familiar I had to ask google

You would think a celebrate like him would not do such a thing, but stardom doesnt always last too long. Hes a good business man.

• Yolanda
                                                        • April 24, 2012 9:12 PM

Good for Antonio!!! He is one of my favorites. He is a very fine and very versatile actor and it is wonderful that he has chosen to give his voice to so many of these characters!!! Give him a romantic lead in a love story in his next movie.......how about a remake of Magnificient Obsession.............keep up the great work Antonio!!!!

• joy tellekamp
                                                          • September 1, 2012 7:35 AM

Good stuff A. B. When will your voice appear again?

• Robert & Tonya Carson