2007 Voicey Award Finalists

February 16, 2007

The finalists are in for the 2007 Voicey Awards.

voicey_awards_1.jpg

Want to know who is in the running?

Today we released the names of the Voicey Award Finalists in each category on the Official Voicey Awards Website.

Go check them out!

You can view all finalists and click through their names to listen to their demos and review their Voices.com websites.

Visit the Voicey Award Finalists here.

Cheers,

P.S. When you are finished at the Voicey Awards website, you are welcome to come back to this post and leave a comment.

Related Topics: awards

Comments

Nice to see that in order to be a "Best New Voice" finalist you don't have to actually be new to the V.O. industry.

• Jenna
    • February 17, 2007 4:24 PM

I have to say, I'm with Jenna... Kara Edward's site says she's been doing this over 10 years, and John Small's says over 15 years! I don't wish to be negative, but is this fair? I also found the nomination time period to be too short and I was not able to get my nomination in...

• Nancy
      • February 18, 2007 6:34 PM

Hi Jenna and Nancy,

Thank you for your comments.

I agree with you Jenna, it is good to see people with some experience as candidates for the Best New Voice Category.

Education and practical experience are very important to be sure and those things can only be accumulated over time.

To address your comment Nancy, the nominees who do have multiple years experience in the Best New Voice Category only recently left their previous occupations and have been pursuing their careers professionally in voice-overs full-time for a couple of years or less.

The nomination period was 2 weeks long. Next year, we'll start the nominations on the first of January 2008, giving a full 6 weeks or so for nominations to be received.

Thanks,

I think Adam Behr is incredibly talented! Hope he wins.

Barry

• Barry Sack
          • February 19, 2007 12:04 PM

Thanks Stephanie, although I interpreted Jenna's comment to be sarcastic- which is why I agreed! Perhaps next year the qualifications for each category could be explained in more detail...

• Nancy
            • February 19, 2007 12:40 PM

Stephanie, Jenna, and Nancy,

First off, I want to say how great I think the 'Voicey Awards' are! This isn't because I was nominated, or because I'm a finalist... it's because I believe these awards are a great way to showcase all types of voice talents and will push all of us to 'step up our game'!

I want to clarify, however, I believe I may have been nominated in the Best New Voice category because I am new to the current world of voice acting.

About 10 years ago, while working full-time for Radio Disney, I dappled in voice over by way of Japanese anime, voicing a few characters. For 11 years, radio has been my main focus while voice acting sat on the back burner.

I've been in Charlotte, NC for 5 years now co-hosting a morning show, and this last September I resigned my job to enter the challenging world of professional voice over. My how it has changed! The talent pool is enormous, and through the Internet we now have access to actors we never knew before.

Yes, I have some experience- but I also have much to learn! In listening to the 'Best Female Voice' category - I realized how far I have to go in my career... those are some supremely talented women! One in particular has my same voice type and I will now strive to one-day sound as great as she does. I have no expectation to win any awards (have you heard my competition?!), but I am beyond grateful for the opportunity to have my demos heard by folks who may have never heard them before.

In another 10 years, I hope I can be nominated for 'Best Female Voice' after I have had a chance to really perfect my craft.

Stephanie - thank you for this website and these awards, there are many of us that appreciate it more than you know!

-Kara Edwards

I would like to note that there are countless talented voices at this site. Indeed, it is a privilege to be a finalist among so many, many versatile and tremendously creative people. Moreover, anyone who takes the time to provide clients with satisfied projects--gets up in the wee hours before work or stays up late to cut custom demos... is a winner in my view!

A Tribute to All Talent
                Debby C

I would just like to agree with the comments above. I am completely honored to be a finalist -- stunned actually!!! It is quite a privilege and I'm truly grateful - I've only been at this about a year and half. I know I too have a good deal to learn to work my way to the top!!

Thanks, voices.com, for these awards and this honor!!

Caryn

• Caryn
                  • February 19, 2007 3:56 PM

Congratulations to all, I think? Maybe I'll step up to the plate next year. I'm kinda shy about this stuff sometimes, and would much rather observe another awards program, like the Emmys. I believe in the Joanie Gerber approach, "Don't brag don't complain" about your career. I know a ton of credible v/o folks who, like me, just didn't have time to get involved.

Adam Behr not only possesses a totally captivating natural quality in his voice... he knows how to work it. As well as being so uniquely specific, he is also incredibly versatile ...a true talent !

• Gail Murphy
                      • February 20, 2007 2:55 PM

To address Bobbin's concern about bragging... I respect the modesty, but to be clear and fair, I have to point out that Adam Behr, Rachel Robinson, and Bruce Barker were all nominated by industry professionals - they did not have to brag about themselves to get into the running; their work was so profound and their talents so remarkable that agents and casting folks nominated them, and sang their praises for them (and loudly.)