By Stephanie Ciccarelli
July 13, 2007
When someone asks you why you are a voice actor, what do you include on your list of reasons?
We've compiled a Top Ten List of cool things that voice actors can do that make working for yourself day in and day out very attractive from more than just a performance point of view.
If you're a voice acting entrepreneur and skilled audio engineer, you probably already know what some of these are.
What's on the other side of the green door? A wealth of benefits! Come on in :)
All week long, we've been talking about how your family affects your career and vice versa.
To wrap up our Family Week, I'd like to propose ten things that are truly unique to your career choice that offer benefits unheard of in many professions.
Ladies and Gentlemen, here is your Top Ten List!
As a voice actor you can:
1. Make your own recording schedule and business hours
2. Be selective with the jobs that you take on
3. Set your own rates
4. Work from home
5. Have more time to spend with loved ones
6. Document the voices of your kids as they grow on MP3s
7. Record audio interviews with relatives and friends as a keepsake or gift
8. Give voice to a really cool family answering machine message
9. Acquire an entrepreneurial freedom many aspire to
10. Involve family members in projects that call for multiple voices and nurture their talent
I'm sure that this list resonates with the majority of you reading the article and now I'd like to extend an invitation to you to add to this list by suggesting something that may have been omitted or by leaving your own Top Ten list as a comment.
Why do you love your career?
Add your list or reasons by commenting :)
Â©©©iStockphoto.com/Marisa Allegra Williams