By Stephanie Ciccarelli
July 3, 2007
There are many parallels between brick and mortar businesses and their online counterparts.
Today, we'll explore the components of a typical voice acting business and identify the key areas you should be focusing on to make the most of your Online Storefront!
Did you know that your website is your online storefront?
Just as people who walk by physical stores on the street can see what's going on at a place of business, visitors to your website also have the ability to browse your merchandise and become familiar with your personal branding.
You may be wondering how your website functions as a digital store...
Consider the following:
• Audio demos are samples of your product
• Graphics and or photographs are your visual marketing materials
• The URL (website address) is your "location"
• Any studio equipment you use and file delivery methods are production and shipping tools
• How you actually record, edit, mix and deliver your files embodies your business operations
• Your site navigation is like the layout of a physical store
• If you have a site map, it helps to direct people to what they are looking for like a map in a department store
• Showcasing testimonials, affiliations and experience in easily accessible areas of your website builds credibility and instills trust with a customer
Also, having your contact information present enables people to do business with you. Detailing information about yourself, even though you aren't actually in the presence of a prospective customer, gives a good first impression of your personality, qualifications and services.
Rather than just thinking your Profile is an online resume, kick it up a notch and view your website as an online storefront, truly, the place where business gets done.
If you're a member at Voices.com, you already have a customizable storefront complete with a variety of color themes and templates that you can use to really make your brand come alive on the web.
Do you consider your website to be your online storefront; a place where business gets done?
Â©©©iStockphoto.com/Knud NielsenRelated Topics: French
Vox Daily offers a daily dose of voice acting news, articles, tutorials, interviews, intelligent conversation and business ideas for voice talent and voice actors.
Our feed & social options update you with special offers and news as it happens.