By David Ciccarelli
July 20, 2007
What's coming up this Summer at Voices.com?
Here's a preview of what you can expect from the team to improve your experience and make Voices.com even more fun to use.
• Scripts attached to job postings
• Private Leads created directly from your Voices.com website
• Previous & Next links make navigating the Leads at Voices.com much easier
• Print This Page is now formatted specifically for printers, with no graphics, large clear fonts while still including and all the relevant details for each job posting.
Feedback Ratings & Reviews
We™ve updated the Feedback system so that only those people who've hired you can rate you.
What are the benefits of a feedback system based solely upon financial transactions?
• All ratings and reviews are associated with a business transaction between a voice actor and a client who worked together at Voices.com
• Recognizes people who work professionally and consistently
• Quickly identifies voice actors who are hired frequently for their talent and abilities
• Acknowledges that work is procured and completed at Voices.com
• Signifies the professionalism of a voice actor and dedication to pursuing their craft online
We will only be including transactions processed through SurePay in this metric because those are truly the only transactions that we can track and espouse as work that we have concrete proof of that has been completed at Voices.com.
Recently Hired to replace Top Rated
To coincide with the much-improved Feedback system, we™ll be showcasing those voice talent who have recently completed work at Voices.com on the home page under the new Recently Hired list.
How will the Recently Hired list work?
Each time a job is awarded to a voice talent through Voices.com, a transaction ID is created. When the work is done, the client clicks œYes, I Accept to signify their satisfaction. This action will place the talents name on the top of the œRecently Hired list.
It should be noted that each talent™s name can only appear once, however you™ll get ˜bumped™ to the top of the list with each new job you complete.
Why have a Recently Hired list?
First of all, we want to recognize and celebrate your successes. It™s our way of giving you a public ˜congratulations™ for a job well done.
Secondly, the Recently Hired list will keep us accountable for ensuring that jobs posted a Voices.com get completed by Voices.com members. We measure our success by your success.
All right, let™s move onto more exciting developments.
Voices.com is bank-level secure. We use the industry standard Versign 128-bit SSL certificate to encrypt the storage and transmission of data on our servers.
You™ll notice one improvement in particular is the installation of an SSL certificate. Without getting too technical, SSL certificates encrypt sensitive information on our servers, as well as the transmission of data such as passwords, account information and credit card information.
Voices.com is the only voice-over website to offer this level of security.
Voice Actor's Resources List sums up all the resources available to you.
Here are just a few that you can take advantage of!
The #1 educational podcast featuring renowned voice over coaches from US, Canada and abroad. Join us each week for pearls of wisdom and tricks of the trade to improve your voice over career. This show is produced weekly. Listen to this podcast if you are: A voice actor, actor, public speaker, voice over coach, student, producer, instructor, voice talent agent, or a casting director.
Blueprint to Voice Acting Success
• Discover how to maximize your voice talent account and learn how to attract clients to your Voices.com website as well as audition tips and more.
• Participate in the next webinar if you are: A voice actor, voice talent, member of Voices.com.
• When? Every Tuesday at 2:00 PM EST ( Toronto, Canada / New York, USA )
• Register for the next webinar at WebEx >>
Need a place to find excellent royalty-free scripts to practice from and an awesome how-to book for voice overs? If you're a Premium or Preferred member at Voices.com, you need not look any further than your new library of resources, accessible to you absolutely free!
Just click on the œHelp link, then click on œeBooks & User Guides to access the bonus material.
What do you think?
Let us know by adding a comment!
David, Stephanie, Laurynda, Carol and Erica
The Voices.com Team
Whether you’re recording a TV commercial or shooting a corporate video, it isn’t enough to simply pick a song, drop it in and call it a day. Musical choices must reflect your brand, move the given project forward and closely align with your voice-over needs. Learn more.
Vox Daily offers a daily dose of voice acting news, articles, tutorials, interviews, intelligent conversation and business ideas for voice talent and voice actors.
Our feed & social options update you with special offers and news as it happens.