Dan Aykroyd Winery Brands With Microphone

November 20, 2007

Dan AykroydAccording to WineSpectator.com, Canadian comedian and film actor of Blues Brothers fame Dan Aykroyd now has a winery named after him slated to be opened in 2008 in the Beamsville Bench area on the Niagara Peninsula located in Ontario, Canada.

What interests me at present, however, is the image and branding the firm has decided to go with...

Carol forwarded this photo to me of an advertisement for the highly anticipated Dan Aykroyd Winery. An interesting choice of branding imagery to be sure.

Take a look at this mic. Can you tell what brand it is, or is it simply artistic interpretation?

Microphone buffs, what do you think?

Dan Aykroyd Winery

What do you think?

Best,

Comments

I love that label.

• Ad Man
    • November 20, 2007 4:28 PM

Looks like a Shure 55 cardioid. Maybe mid 40's to 50's vintage.

I read each Vox with interest. Keep up the good work!

Take Care,
      Paul Pistore

• Paul Pistore
      • November 21, 2007 12:51 PM

That does look like a Shure mic; the tie-in likely has to do with the mics he used when in the Blues Brothers movies and performances.

The Shure 55 was the old school mic often used in clubs (I am assuming) so likely a familiar mic for blues and jazz performers.

Best always,
        - Peter

Stephanie,

Looks like an old Shure, maybe a 555, to me.

MLF

• Mike Forrester
          • November 21, 2007 6:35 PM

Try googling images for Shure 55SH series II microphones. They look like the closest I've seen for shape and length.

• Carol Mroz
            • November 21, 2007 10:05 PM

Looks like an ElectroVoice "Mercury" Model No. 911, to me. How close am I?

• Jay Elzweig
              • November 26, 2007 2:55 PM

Hi Jay,

Thanks for commenting! I don't know for certain what the brand of the mic is, but many people think it is a Shure.

I'll see if I can get to the bottom of this one :)

Cheers,

I have to get a bottle. I collect old Mic's, and Old radios .. this would fit perfectly in my collection :)

• Billy Oh
                  • March 14, 2011 11:55 AM

Cool!
                    It's really a brilliant idea :)

• theo