Do you read VOX Daily? Leave a Comment!

February 8, 2008

Every so often, a blogger really needs to hear from their readership, and for me, that day is today.

Do you read or subscribe to VOX Daily?

If you do, please leave a comment and say Hi :)

Global Community

One aspect that I enjoy most about blogging is the commentary that ensues following a great article.

Hearing from you makes my day and enables the community to continue the story where I left off, taking it in new exciting directions and making the conversation richer for it.

Fellow bloggers who may be reading this, I know you have a keen appreciation for what I'm saying and thrive on comments submitted by your readers, too.

Whether comments come as supportive notes or via heated debates, each one of you and your comments have meant something to me and helped to propel VOX Daily, shaping future articles and presenting the voice over community with a diverse collection of viewpoints, all valid and open for discussion.

So, to get straight to the heart of the matter, if you read VOX Daily and enjoy doing so, please leave a comment on this post (or others that you like) and let me know you're out there.

It's when I hear from you that I feel the most fulfilled as a blogger. A blogger's main purpose (and often, their greatest joy) is to connect with their readers.

Looking forward to reading your comments!

©©©iStockphoto.com/Kativ

Related Topics: and Voices.com., blogging, Blogging, Blogs, Comments, Communicating, Community, Feedback, Voice Acting, Voice Overs

Comments

Yes, yes, yes! I almost ALWAYS read the VOX Daily blog, even the one asking if I read the VOX Daily blog!

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Thank you for kicking off the comments! I truly appreciate it.

Cheers,

Stephanie, I read every post you write here and appreciate each one! I also link to you at my own blog. Your readers might be quiet but we are here!! Thank-you for Vox Daily.

Mary

Every day. VOX Daily has been very good to me, so I wouldn't dream of neglecting a friend... even for a day.

I am touched :) I read your blogs frequently and enjoy every post.

Best,

Hey Stephanie, You have been a source of great information and encouragement on a daily basis!

Enjoy "Hockey Day In Canada" tomorrow - BUT sorry about the Leafs:)

I vote for VOX!

Best,
              Ralph

I enjoy reading your blogs, giving me tips and advice and some knowledge on the voice-over industry in your part of the world.

• VOX Daily Reader
                • February 9, 2008 5:39 AM

HELLO STEPHANIE,

DO I READ VOX DAILY? I HAVE NEVER MISSED ANY SINCE I JOINED YOUR SITE. I READ EVERY OTHER BLOG YOU HAVE AND AM AMAZED AT YOUR ENERGY AND CONSISTENCY. I KNOW IT'S YOUR JOB BUT I FEEL YOU TAKE IT MORE THAN JUST A JOB. DON'T EVER GET THE THOUGHT THAT NO ONE IS READING. IT'S SO INFORMATIVE AND NEATLY CRAFTED. I WONT STOP NOW OR EVER.

YOUR FAN AND FRIEND FOR LIFE.

Vox Daily is so informative. I read each one. And I think, "Where does she come up with this stuff?"

Vox Daily has also changed my podcasting life when you said you listened to Grammar Girl. I looked her up and now I listen to her too, what fun! Who knew grammar could be made to feel like a party.

• Betty in Boca (Betty Kopelman)
                    • February 9, 2008 8:29 AM

Hi Stephanie!

Haven't missed a Blog since I discovered VOX Daily.
                      You always include great new advice and ideas!

Keeping VOXing!
                      Melissa

• Melissa
                      • February 9, 2008 8:36 AM

Thanks for all the info you pass on Stephanie. It's not easy to come up with interesting topics everyday, but you do it girl!!

Cheers
                        Bryan Cox

Thank you thank you thank you.

I read it every day and I suggest to all my students that they sign up as well.
                          Thanks for your energy and passion for the business.

Peace,
                          Hilary Blair

Oh my goodness!

Thank you so much to everyone who has commented. It means more to me than you could know.

Ralph: Thank you very much. I'm glad you picked VOX over the Leafs, that's a nice touch. For those of you who don't know, Ralph is the station imaging voice on the MSG network for the Buffalo Sabres. Read his blog if you're into voice acting and hockey.

VOX Daily Reader: Thank you for letting me know how much you enjoy reading the blog. VOX Daily may be written by me each day but it is inspired by our community and written for the community. Thank you for joining the conversation.

Sanjo: I am always amazed by your interest and am thrilled to be part of your world. Thank you very much for writing. Sanjo is in Nigeria. Nigeria will be a great place for voice over one day as I'm sure Sanjo will see to it!

Betty in Boca: Hearing that you read each one is indeed an inspiration for me. That's something I love to hear! If I've hooked you on to another blog or podcast because you found it here, that is great news as well. Thank you!

Melissa: Melissa, I truly appreciate hearing from you here on the blog. I can't wait to write another post knowing that you read each day too. Thanks :)

Bryan: Bryan, you've been so supportive and I can't thank you enough. Bryan has just started a blog ( http://bigbry.wordpress.com/ ) and he's an absolute genius when it comes to telling it like it is. Bryan's blog is linked on the blogroll at Voice Over Times as are many of the voice talent blogger's blogs. Check some of them out and be sure to let them know what you thought of their articles.

Hilary: Hilary, I'm so pleased to hear from you! Thank you for referring VOX Daily to your students. That is a wonderful idea. Last month I had the opportunity to speak to a senior high school broadcasting communications class and when I saw the sparks in their eyes and interest in voice acting, I was rejuvenated and pumped to remain consistent in my blogging. Students, regardless of age, are the future of this business, and I applaud you for giving them resources from the field.

I'm so happy to see a variation of comments and from a variety of locations around the world. That's why I chose the global image for this article to represent our community here at VOX Daily.

I'll step out the way now and look forward to hearing from more of you here!

Be sure to leave a comment.

Best,

VOX is on my bookmark bar... I click it each day to "check in". I have it on my first row of bookmarks because I find the resource useful for me or those who at times contact me regarding the "business of the business" and how to get started in voiceover. The majority of the time I find the information has some level of value; so to answer your question, YES I read it VOX "Daily".

Brian in Charlotte

Hey Stephanie!

Short & sweet answer: YES!
                                I too have linked to Vox Daily on my blog & appreciate all the info you provide!

Keep blogging!

Peace!

Liz

Brian,

Thank you very much for bookmarking the blog! I read yours too and very much enjoy doing so. Thank for your support and enthusiasm :)

Cheers,

Liz!

Thank you so much for stopping by. You've been a wonderful reader and contributor to VOX Daily. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I also love to read your blog.

Best,

I read Vox daily, and the topics are always of interest. I may not agree with everything posted, but it's good to get nudged out of my comfort zone from time to time.

Thanks very much for all the effort you put in - it is much appreciated!

Hi Joe,

Thank you for writing and sharing your thoughts. I'm grateful that you find VOX Daily to be a constant source of interest for you. I'll do my best to keep writing topics that stretch us all a bit. It's a mighty good thing to be out of your comfort zone once in a while (that goes for all of us).

Thank you Joe!

Best,

Thanks Stephanie. I read you daily. Colleen

• Colleen Ann Barrett
                                          • February 9, 2008 11:07 AM

Yes, I read, and I am often inspired. I am 66 years old, live in Atlanta, Georgia and often say that I am "Trying to figure out what to do when I grow up." I used to do voice overs. I read to a blind student, in college (recorded Kant and Hegel for him) and I was "on camera talent" for a fifth grade social science series on Georgia Educational Television. I had thought that was all behind me, then I began to read Vox Daily, learning about changes in the voice over business and the sorts of work that is currently out there.

Who know if I will get back in the "VO" business, but it sure is interesting and fun to read about it!

Thanks for doing the work.

Margo Smith Dixon

• Margo Smith Dixon
                                            • February 9, 2008 11:08 AM

Dear Stephanie:

I believe now, that you & your staff do read these responses. I have written to so many companies and people and never received a response. So the feeling that folks only reply to important people caused me to stop writing.

Because of your interest in my e-mail, I am now working out how I can do a blog using that working premise - encourage others who are struggling.

Vox is inspiring, it gives me hope, ideas, necessary information on how to improve my business and so often a look at the lighter side of things.

I look forward every day to reading Vox Daily. On nights when I'm too tired, I print it and take it to work for my lunch time reading in the car. I thank you all, it is a much needed, and greatly appreciated publication.

Now that I know you do want to hear from us out here, I will send a response more often.

• Arlene McGuire
                                              • February 9, 2008 11:10 AM

Hi Colleen, Margo, and Arlene,

Thank you all very much for reading VOX Daily and I'm excited that because of it, I've had the opportunity to become part of your lives.

Yes!!! Do keep writing and commenting. It is a motivator for me and ideas that come from comments or letters written to me often influence what I write about.

Colleen: Thank you very much. We've had a couple of emails back and forth before and I look forward to hearing from you again.

Margo: What a gem... I'm inspired by you! I'm sure you have lots to share with us all and could teach me more than a thing or two. You're right, the business of voice over has changed so dramatically. That's why it's all the more important that we all can keep in touch and in the loop through VOX Daily and other voice acting blogs.

Arlene: I'm heartened to hear that you were glad to hear back from me. We'll definitely keep in touch and keep commenting!

Hi, Stephanie.

Enjoy your blog. First one I have gotten into. All info is good and your blog provides plenty.

Take care,
                                                  Larry

• Larry
                                                  • February 9, 2008 11:28 AM

Yes I do I find the news and updates excellent.

• Patrick McKenzie
                                                    • February 9, 2008 11:40 AM

Hi Larry and Patrick,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write! It means a lot to me to know that you enjoy reading VOX Daily and that the information provided is of interest.

If you'd like to see me cover something in particular that you haven't read about here yet or would like to know more about, please let me know.

Thanks!

Stephanie:

One of my daily pleasures is reading Vox Daily as a part of my "morning routine" at 5:30am while getting my girlfriend ready for work (she's a school teacher). While some would consider me to be an "old pro" in the business as a 25+ year video producer/editor, your blog, along with the shared experiences of others, is helping me emerge from my mid-life crisis, in my attempts now to work in front of the mike, rather than behind it. While I welcome the challenge in this competitive field, my anxiety about proving to myself that I have the chops to make it, will play out in the coming months. Your blog helps to build my confidence, and certainly my knowledge about the business and market, to make my career transition all the more enjoyable.

While I hope to be formally launching my website and business in the coming months, your thoughts, as well as my future colleagues', have developed into a valuable mentoring source, to which I am truly grateful.

Please let me know how I might contribute to your efforts..

Evan Wright

P.S. After a year or so of practicing, I am hoping to take a crack at my first demo in the next few weeks, then upgrading my voices.com membership as a part of my personal business plan. That will be fun to put into practice much of the theories and advice that I have culled from Vox Daily, textbook reading, and all those hours of training...

I LOVE your VOX Daily blog!!! As no surprise to you I'm sure, not every topic is totally relevant to me as an aspiring voice talent, but they are always of interest, give me something to think about and send me into new thinking directions. You have given me the opportunity to explore new aspects of voice work, kept me apprised of employment issues, led me to web information that I would not have readily found (easily) myself and opened up lots of new avenues for improvement.

I am a CVDG voice talent graduate and had the great opportunity of participating in last June's Advanced Marketing seminar that they hosted in Schenectady, NY, where I had a chance to see & hear both you and David. It was a treat, and I now especially enjoy being able to put a face with your words!

Thanks for VOX Daily and keep up the good work!!

Susan

• Susan Herrman
                                                          • February 9, 2008 12:14 PM

Hi Evan,

Thank you for writing and I'm very happy to hear from you. It sounds like you are in a very exciting place right now and are about to embark on a wonderful career in voice acting :) We'll keep in touch and I'll send you a personal email with a few ideas on how you can contribute to VOX Daily soon.

Thank you!

Hi Susan,

Thank you for keeping in touch and also for sharing your thoughts this morning. We can't wait to come back to Voice Coaches and thoroughly enjoyed the Marketing event. David and Anna are class-acts and their staff is absolutely wonderful. I can still be heard raving about Kristen's jams and biscotti ;)

What a rush and so much fun!

Hope to see you again soon,

I subscribe to and read it daily. Thanks for the great information!

Hi Stephanie!

I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate Vox Daily and your efforts and diligence in blogging. I don't always read what you send when you send it (who doesn't have email overload?), but I frequently go back to see what I missed and always find important info!

Thanks for sharing - Keep up the good work!

Warm regards and gratitude!

Have fun!
                                                                  Marti Krane
                                                                  www.TheVoiceTalent.net

I hope you feel LOVED and NEEDED, because we LOVE and NEED you! You are our connection to what is sometimes a very solitary existence. I sit here in my little closet studio for hours each day, cranking out spots and narrations and audio books and whatever, sending them through e-mail, then following up with invoices through e-mail, then checking for leads and cutting demos... but I'm still here all by myself. You and the Voices.com staff are so incredibly responsive and helpful and NICE and seem to care about helping us be more successful. I've saved many Vox Dailys to go back through when things are slow and just savor them. I especially like your lists, i.e.: "Top Ten Things..." or "Three ways to make...."

Thanks for always making our days.............

Robin

• Robin Rowan
                                                                    • February 9, 2008 3:23 PM

Stephanie,

I'm sure you must often wonder if anyone is out there reading your posts (kind of like those of us who keep sending out auditions, come to think of it) but please rest assured that there are many of us who ALWAYS read your VOX Daily postings.

Please don't get discouraged, and do keep up the good work!

Ed G.

WHO are you again? ;)

- PKO'C

Hi Elaine,

Thank you so much! I love reading your articles. I hope we'll get to see each other again soon :)

Perhaps at PodCamp Toronto again?

Best,

Hi Marti,

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it :) I totally understand email overload... I read most of my blog subscriptions using Google Reader and find that it cuts down on email. You can get VOX Daily via RSS that way as well as email.

Thank you again for your warm thoughts Marti,

Hi Ed,

Yes, sometimes I do wonder similarly to how you do when you audition for a voice over job. Thank you for the encouragement and support. It takes a lot to do this sort of thing, doesn't it?

Best,

Peter,

You are welcome ;) I think there's an inside joke in there somewhere... LOL!

Hello Stephanie,

I just subscribed to your blog about 2 weeks ago. I read some older articles at your site as well. Great job! Keep it up! Great that you share!

Triskana
                                                                                  totally green to voice over

• Triskana
                                                                                  • February 9, 2008 9:42 PM

Hey There! Yes! I do look at it and read it. There's always something to learn on these types of blogs. Some of it is useful to me, perhaps some isn't, but it's always great to have that option. Keep up the good work.

Regards,
                                                                                    S.M. Suekey

• S.M. Suekey
                                                                                    • February 9, 2008 9:43 PM

Hey there Stephanie! I most definitely read your blogs! Keep them coming!!!

Thanks for your work/time,
                                                                                      Daniel Schwab

• Daniel Schwab
                                                                                      • February 9, 2008 9:44 PM

Hi Triskana, S.M. and Daniel,

Thank you very much for commenting and sharing your feedback.

Triskana: Welcome! I'd love to learn more about your voice over business. I think you might dig some of the articles on here about going green. Also, I'd like to recommend another blog to you written by my friend and voice actress, Kara Edwards. You can find her blog here:

S.M.: Thank you for your thoughts. I'm happy that VOX Daily is of interest to you!

Daniel: Awesome... I'll definitely keep the posts coming your way.

As a vo talent, coach, and casting director in the San Francisco Bay Area, I look forward to Vox Daily. While I'm very busy in all aspects of VO, with the advent of home studios we've become a little isolated in our day to day interactions with peers. I look forward to reading comments on various aspects of our industry, whether it's a critique on a new mic or emerging styles from all around the globe.

Susan McCollom
                                                                                          susansvoicemedia.com

From the standpoint of a radio guy trying to get into voice overs these e-mails are very informative, keep them coming!!!
                                                                                            Dan Gorham

• Dan Gorham
                                                                                            • February 9, 2008 9:52 PM

Greetings and salutations Stephanie;

I enjoy Vox Daily. In particular, I am interested in any info that will assist me in launching a voice acting career. The previous day's article with the voice teacher was a real hit with me. I saved it!!!

Thanks.

• Stephanie Davis
                                                                                              • February 9, 2008 9:52 PM

Hi Robin,

Thank you so much for your message. I love you too! I really appreciate the suggestions you send me via email for topics on VOX Daily and would like to invite other readers to also submit topics (or articles) that they feel would be a good fit for the VOX Daily audience.

Thank you also for the compliments to the Voices.com team. I will be sending them all here to the blog to read the comments from everyone on Monday morning. That will be so nice :) It is a wonderful feeling to be valued.

Take care,

Hi Susan, Dan and Stephanie,

Thank you for writing and taking the time to leave such lovely comments.

Susan: I'm very glad that you made contact! I would like to get in touch with you about a few things and share some opportunities with you that are fun for voice over coaches here at Voices.com.

Dan: Radio is a fantastic way to discover your voice. If you'd like to see more radio-specific articles or posts about transitioning from radio to voice acting, please let me know and I'll look into that for you.

Stephanie: Vocal technique is sooooo important. Paul Kiesgen's article is just one of many I have tucked away in my memory and email box. Voice coaches are often guest bloggers here on VOX Daily and you'll see more of these as time goes by.

Do you listen to Voice Over Experts? If not, I think you will absolutely love it:

For that matter, anyone who is a voice actor or thinking about getting into the biz should check it out. There are 34 episodes so far (it's a weekly podcast) and you can subscribe to it for free through the Apple iTunes Podcast directory.

Best,

Stephanie,

Yes, I read Vox Daily. I confess there are a few days here and there when I miss, but make it a point to catch up when I do get back.

And I often link to your posts here as well as the posts on the other blogs and podcasts here from my blog. I'm very grateful for all of the terrific information you provide on such a consistent basis.

Be well,
                                                                                                    Bob

I read! Thank goodness for RSS!

Stephanie-

I never miss it... and really enjoy your podcasts about the vo biz very much!
                                                                                                        Keep up the great work and incredible customer service!

Best,
                                                                                                        Bob Worthington

I definitely read on a daily basis! Not only do I find it informative, but it's a great motivator, too. And I greatly admire your ability to present such meaty, diverse content every single day!

This American Voice Talent and Hockey Blogger has VOX Daily in my RSS reader along with a ton of hockey blogs to keep up with what's going on in the world of hockey and I read them all daily.

I, too, would vote VOX over the Leafs.... and the Sabres (sorry Ralph), but not the Caps! Perhaps now that the NHL is doing away with their 3 year old stupid schedule format, HDiC will go back to the triple header of only Canadian teams.

Best to all,
                                                                                                            -g

Your New Voice from The Old Dominion!

A Haven for the Hockey Malnourished

I am one of the quiet readers out here and typically don't send in a response. But I never miss a day of your blog. A sincere thank you to you for all of your efforts. It can't be easy to come up with all of the great variety of useful topics you do. Thank you! You are greatly appreciated.

Catherine

Stephanie,

Not only do I adore reading your blog here at Vox Daily, I greatly appreciate all of your hard work in the VO industry! Thank you for bringing us exclusive interviews with some of the most well-known voice actors, and continuing to promote those up and coming in the business!

Also, thank you for the blog plug above- I need to go update my own blog now!! Hah!

Kara

Absolutely, I read your blog daily!! Thanks for blogging... you do a fabby job!!!

Hi! I read the blog every day...although sometimes a few days late. Thanks for producing it--it's a great service!

• Jeanine
                                                                                                                    • February 10, 2008 9:16 PM

Bob Souer: Bob, thank you for commenting. Your words mean a lot to me.

Jeffrey: Thanks! I love RSS too.

Bob Worthington: Thank you Bob :) If there are topics you'd like to hear covered in the podcasts, please let me know and we'll put them on the list.

Dana: I appreciate hearing from you too! Your podcast is great and I want to thank you for including Voices.com in your episodes.

Catherine: Thank you for letting me know that you read VOX Daily. I love to hear that sort of thing ;) You're very welcome.

Kara: I'll be checking your blog soon! Looking forward to getting to blog today myself.

Caryn: Another wonderful comment from a voice over blogger. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I'm so glad that you read each day.

Jeanine: Jeanine, great to hear from you and to meet you. Blogging makes the world a little bit smaller I've found and through it I have met nice people such as yourself. Thank you for commenting and letting me know you're out there :)

Gary: You're a hoot! Thank you for subscribing via RSS. It's great, isn't it?

Best,

Yes, and thank you for all your hard work! I am new to vo and read everything I can. Your blog has been and is a great resource thanks again!

• Crystal Thomson
                                                                                                                        • February 11, 2008 11:57 AM

Stephanie!

Definitely put me in the "yes" column for reading VOX DAILY. I have found a wealth of info in your columns. Some are elementary - some are more advanced - but I always pick up up tips from reading them! I know it must be a huge undertaking as you have an audience as wide and diverse as each voice itself, but I have always felt more of a personal connection with you guys than anywhere else. Personally I really can't seem to find the time to blog, or even read the volume of stuff out there pertaining to voice work, but I do very much appreciate and look forward to each edition showing up in my e mail! Thanks for all your hard work!

Larry Wayne

Yes! Vox Daily offers a very good service for the v/o community.

I love Vox Daily and I always look to see what YOU have to say ...You are.... Fantabulous

• VOX Daily Reader from the UK
                                                                                                                              • February 11, 2008 5:35 PM

I just wanted you to know that I love to read Vox Daily! This is my first comment, but you always make me think about what you write - and that's good. It's funny... we have been in contact with one another by email on several occasions and I never thought to tell you just how much Vox Daily is appreciated. Just wanted to let you know that.

Hi Tom,

Thank you very much! I enjoy hearing from you and hope that you stop by to comment again :)

Beautiful pics! I appreciate the post so much! xoxo