Got Voice?

June 6, 2008

Baby at the beach

Hello out there you fabulous voice over people!

What have you been recording this week?

Before you head for the hills or hit the beach this red-hot weekend (it's a tempting thought, isn't it?), do a little show and tell at VOX Daily :)

What's Going on in Your Studio?

I'd love to hear about the projects you've been working on. The life of a voice actor is anything but dull so I know you've got something to say :)

Comment with your recent Gigs!

©iStockphoto.com/Andrzej Burak

Comments

Hi Gang,

I just did my second of three voice over jobs as the main character for a new Nintendo game. I am currently the voice of the Barker on Carnival Games for the Nintendo Wii system and have just completed new voice overs for that character for another Nintendo platform. There is also a third, different game which will feature my voice but, I can't divulge any of the particulars as yet.

Charlie

• Charlie Bennett
    • June 6, 2008 11:04 AM

Hi Stephanie, hope you had a wonderful week. One of the most rewarding things in the past couple weeks has been partnering with Samaritan's Purse voicing national PSA's for China Earthquake relief.

But this week has brought a season ticket commercial for the Altanta Falcons NFL team, a TV spot for Liberty Training Institute for their run in Los Angeles and then my normal onhold stuff for a client that provides services to a 430 store industrial supply company. Finally, I did a Father's Day commercial for Spahn & Rose Lumber which has stores in Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin and promo for a live event that travels the US.

Blessings to you and your family this weekend,

Brian in Charlotte

Hi Stephanie, hope you had a positive week.

I was recently awarded my own talk show called Talk It Out with Dyanna Wooten on Urban Network Radio The Mix, beginning June 27th!! I'll be talking about relationships, interviewing friends, family and even some well known celebs. My talk it out website is www.talk4lvg.com. Check it out.

Be Blessed!

• Dyanna Wooten
        • June 7, 2008 1:50 AM

Wow, great gigs everyone! Really impressive stuff.

As for myself, this week I got to voice several characters in a video game due out this fall. The best part is that it's for a new client! Great folks, and I'm hoping for more VO work in the future from their company.

Happy Saturday all!

More Narration for a 10X30 HDTV Series called Survival School that is a Reality Docusoap that follows US Air Force Airmen through the SERE Program (Survival Evasion Resistance Escape). The series will air later this year.

Quite a week vocally as I did 6 hours worth (19 short audiobooks) this week.

Hope you can kick back and enjoy your weekend.

Peace and blessings,

David

I just voiced Shaggy and Scooby for Scooby Doo Hot Dogs.

Michael

• Michael Stuart
                • June 7, 2008 1:52 PM

Hello Stephanie!

I voiced some Sky Travel promos, a L'Oreal Age Reperfect TV ad, Hallmark Promos (Law and Order and House etc), Channel 4 promos (Kelsey Grammer's new series) a More4 House makeover, some Discovery Docos, Tiscali Promos (film trailers etc).

Thanks,

Jonathan

• Jonathan Kydd
                  • June 7, 2008 1:53 PM

I just finished the first of 16 modules for Bosch Tools. This one was a presentation about the Bosch hole saws. I also did two spots for a San Francisco sports shop and an imaging package.

Thanks for asking.

Scott

• Scott Paxton
                    • June 7, 2008 1:53 PM

I just voiced a PSA for "Air". Voiced several commercials, American City Furniture, Elite Software, Promo for Eyes on TV, Calgary Stampede, and last month was priveledged to voice the Junos Pre-Show, but I have an audition that I think I have a really good shot at, "CityLine TV's next Host" I'm really proud of the demo package and audition I've put together and normally wouldn't celebrate an audition. I've wanted to be Canada's OPRAH since I can't remember when so to have a shot at that is a job well accomplished and I'm very excited that I even have a shot. Wont know for a couple weeks I think? Congrats to all of you for posting your work and having work to post.

All my best,
                      Deb

• Debbie Munro
                      • June 7, 2008 1:54 PM

Just finished re-wiring a new control desk for my personal room and have racked the gear.

Did a 3,000 word technical narration earlier last week, have another technical narration this week (relating to IPv6), and working on a radio play.

Somehow I'll balance work and my additional studies in there somehow ;-)

Wow! Some great gigs posted this week! In the past week, I voiced an in-house project for Mattel, a radio spot for Windstream Wireless, a TV spot for Charlotte Metro Credit Union, a promo video for Lowepro, I got to be the voice of an alligator for an educational video, and I voiced and produced 2 projects for Highlights.

You can hear the monthly podcast for Ask Arizona at http://www.highlightskids.com/podcasts/az/askArizonaPodcasts_alt.asp

Like Debbie, I also had an exciting callback this week for a gig I would LOVE... fingers crossed!

I have to add, it's wonderful to pop in and see voice actors celebrating each other's work! Yay us!

Thanks for asking!

I recently was cast as the announcer in a series of national TV spots for Blackberry. This is Blackberry's first TV campaign, so it was very exciting to be a part of this landmark project for them. The ads are running on both network and cable during primetime, so I've been getting a lot of e-mails from people asking "if that was me" haha.

Yesterday, I found out I've been cast to voice at least one character in an upcoming PC game, which is very exciting for me as I really enjoy character work a lot. I'm not at liberty to say what the title is, but I'm very excited about it!