Who Got the Gig? Leave A Comment!

October 10, 2008

Microphone Whisper Room Purple

You know how some magazines have a "Who's Doing What" column?

For people in our industry, the weekly "Who Got the Gig" column gives you the opportunity to comment and share about the kind of work you've been voicing, recording, directing or casting!

This posting is open to anyone in the voice over industry, so don't be shy. I'd love to hear from some of you who haven't commented before as well as those of you who have.

What Have You Been Voicing, Recording, Casting or Directing Lately?

Leave a comment and let us know what role you play in the industry as well as what you've been up to :)

Cheers,

©iStockphoto.com/Jacom Stephens

Related Topics: gigs, industry, voice acting, voice over work, voice overs, voices.com, who got the gig

Comments

I did a Globe and Mail radio spot for Vancouver this week at Desjardins. Turned out I knew the director's son from Melbourne. Small damn world.

• tva
    • October 10, 2008 4:48 PM

This was a really great week. Did an ISDN session for an Oreck National campaign on Monday and the rest of the week rocked as well. Two returning clients and 2 new clients from voices.com

One for a property in Puerto Rico and the other was the promo for a new fashion TV show in Buenos Aires. Both were from voices.com

Thank you Stephanie - this is the best service on the internet - period.

Recently I voiced a promo for the ITV network here in the UK.

Please give it a little time to download!

I got a voice for a video game in production called "Collapse." The game is being made by a Russian game company, and they gave me a Russian voiced demo animation to go from...but I got the gig.

• George
          • October 10, 2008 9:13 PM

It's been a fabulous week! 2 new clients thru Voices.com: National TV spots for Perfumania! and a regional radio for Belterra Casino. Elsewhere; an audio book trailer for "City Of Ashes" by Cassandra Clare, political TV spots to air in San Diego, Ohio, and New York, a medical narration for the American Heart Association, e-learning for an production company in India, and on-hold messaging for Tenaya Lodge near Yosemite National Park. I am thankful, and love this business!
            All The Best,
            Bobbin Beam-ISDN Voice Actress

When it rains, it pours! I'm in the middle of 5 different huge e-learning projects! 4 of them are with a client I connected with my first year with voices.com (actually, it's first year as well, so it was still Interactive Voices!). I've been working regularly with them since then, and the latest news is their business is expanding hugely!

I also recorded more corporate narrations for Chevron and had both returning clients and new clients contact me with other corporate projects in the works.

The next couple of weeks are already booked! And, call me crazy, but I'm still trying to fit in some marketing because, as we all know, you've got to keep that momentum going.

This past week I recorded an audio tour for the Smithsonian called Working White House: 200 Years of Traditions and Memories and also another smaller job voicing a kids learning book series promotional video.

That's it!
                Debbie Irwin

• Debbie Irwin
                • October 11, 2008 9:30 AM

Mike Austin here. I just scored my first audio book! I, along with my good friend, Tim Gehlsen, will be doing alternating voices for a project from The Angelus Press, "A Comment On Holy Scripture". Yes, this is exactly what it sounds like. Each chapter is a short Bible verse followed by commentary. Tim will read the verse and I will read the commentary. This is from a Catholic perspective. The book is quite long, as you can imagine! We will begin recording next week.

Mike Austin

• Mike Austin
                  • October 11, 2008 9:31 AM

Way to go you guys! You're all doing amazing work, so keep it up!

• David Ciccarelli
                    • October 11, 2008 10:02 AM

This week was a good week for me!
                      I received 2 jobs that paid rather well.
                      One was a video game - that will be released right before the holidays....& another was a buy out for a :30 Tv commercial for a major Texas newspaper that is going online. (I don't want to announce who the jobs were for since the game is not out yet & the commercial has not aired yet.) I am very happy with this week's paycheck! :)

• Maggie M.
                      • October 11, 2008 10:54 AM

Did an MTV narration piece for the 2008 MTV Europe Music Awards(NY),a character narration for PBS-KNPB(NV)
                        and a DVD trailer for BudoVideos and The Jiu-jitsu World Championships Finals(CA). Nice to see lots of people working out there.I really believe there's a job for every voice : ) best,Ed Mace

• Ed Mace
                        • October 11, 2008 12:21 PM

Wow! Kudos everybody!

Been a banner week for me as well.

Voiced 2 video games (one from a private lead off Voices.com), and some more Bleach episodes.

Also got a notice that a prior VO I did for a game is being used in a trailer (sweet!)

Let's keep that momentum going!

Cheers,
                          Joe

Stephanie,

Thanks to VOICES.COM. More Work for ACTIVE IMAGINATION, a MEAC Sports Narration, TX MEDIA sent More repeat work my way! BRG had me do some Warning messages for Storms/Fires etc. Recorded more cranking car ads for Chip at RUTAN INTERACTIVE.

Joe Mc Millan

Just the titles of the material covered is a lesson on what I need to know. I am a professional actor, but voice over is new field for me and I can use all the help I can get. So put me in for a chance to get the CD. Thanks.
                              Michael Maurice

• Michael A. Maurice
                              • October 12, 2008 9:50 AM

*Latest work was with Don Morrow for Cartier and Tourneau.

*Warner Brothers Studios VIP Tour Video.

*Jumbotron ads for Formula Drift at The 1st Red Bull Drifting World Championships at Long Beach California Speedway Nov 15-16.

*Another Audi Spot for the NYC Market for Weeks Auto Group.

*Corporate Marketing Video for fashion company OPI Nail Care.

*Virtual Worlds Safety Training.

It's been busier than usual this fall. Bring it on!

Hi Stephanie!
                                  Did some trailer voice work for the great people at VoodooVox recently and also a number of "Learn English with Real Stories of Animals" for Spanish speaking children by Best Sellers Publishing (Spain). Finally got to post some youtube videos too.Google ed mace youtube! Thanks,Ed

Hi Stephanie!! MobiValet.This video is perhaps one if not the funniest video I participated in. I play the 2nd talking french fry (Whatchu lookin'at?!). For some reason,it just cracks me up. Completed a huge game with Shelly Callahan for JC Cottier of France. Tons of character work lately. Ed Mace

• Ed Mace