All-New Voices.com : Overview and Preparation for Members

November 20, 2008

All-New Voices.com Home Page Preview November 2008

We're Less Than A Week Away!

In this article, I'm going to share some information about how you can prepare for the All-New Voices.com and get the most out of your experience right out of the gate.

Voices.com Redesign Launching Monday November 24, 2008

This coming Monday, you'll wake up to a new Voices.com, one that you've helped to create and inspired through feedback, brainstorming and comments on this very blog.

In this missive, we'll go over some key improvements and also provide you with knowledge that will better equip you for the months and years ahead in our evolving industry.

Some Housekeeping To Get Out Of the Way

Before we go too much further, please be advised that over the weekend (Friday November 21 - Sunday November 23, 2008), there will be some site maintenance and you may not be able to fully access Voices.com. We appreciate your patience and eagerly await the launch on Monday November 24, 2008!

An email will be sent out to all registered members notifying them of the site maintenance on November 20th, 2008 so it should not come as a surprise if you regularly check your email.

Notable Improvements and Voices.com Recommendations

Improvements

There are a number of things that will be completely new to you or improved upon, including to name just a few:

๏ Additional Fields to Better Describe and Promote Your Services in Your Profile
๏ The Voices.com Store and Products
๏ Superior Featuring of Voice Over Demos as Never Seen Before

You may also notice that we've done some tweaking to simplify SurePay and have also polished the process. Of course, you'll see this and more on Monday, but I wanted to say so now to prepare you for what is to come.

Recommendations

Over the next couple days, I'll be posting specific things for you to do to prepare, but for now here are some ideas to consider:

๏ Start writing new copy including an "About" paragraph that describes your business
๏ Tag and describe your demos! Each is searchable and will also have its own page
๏ Develop products (products descriptions, price points, sample audio) for your store

Take action now by creating a Word Document and saving all of your promotional copy for an easy copy/paste into the new website.

You've Got Some Time To Leap Ahead

This is an opportunity to jump on some extremely important promotion for yourself.

While thousands of people may read the email and this blog posting, only a small percentage of you will actually take action and be ready for the launch, and to those of you in that minority, all the power to you!

If you have any questions or comments, you're welcome to post them below. As mentioned above, I'll be going into more detail about how you can prepare in the coming days.

Related Topics: all-new, improvements, industry, recommendations, voice actors, voice talent, voices.com, website

Comments

I can't wait

Voices.com is just a great idea.

• Alejandro Gómez Migoya
      • November 20, 2008 2:16 PM

GREAT!
        Now, if you're not the best company on the internet i'll be kidding myself.

You guys just treat people to nice, i have a feeling its divine. Rock on!

The new look , looks as though it will be effective.
          Keep us posted at WAKO.

S. Kent Lankford
          wako am fm
          Lawrenceville, Ill. - Vincennes, In.

• Kent Lankford
          • November 20, 2008 2:37 PM

Thanks so much for the heads up Steph. Can't wait!

• Vanessa Hart
            • November 20, 2008 2:41 PM

I'm looking forward to the changes. I will try to use your services better.

I'm looking forward to being even more pleased with voices.com!

Sería fabuloso que voices.com, fuera tambien en español, ya que existe una gama excelente de voces en español... yo soy una de esas voces!
                  EXITOS

• Pepe Saenz
                  • November 20, 2008 3:38 PM

Fantastic finally the new voices.com

Yo me uno a la voz de pepe seria estupendo voice.com en espanol waaaaaaaaaaaaoooooooooooooooo! Great!!!!!!

Thanks voices.com
                    Hector

• Hector L Navarro
                    • November 20, 2008 3:57 PM

Stephanie:
                      I look forward to the forthcoming enhancements. I'll get busy and get started on your "homework" assignment!

Eben Fowler
                      www.ebenfowler.com

Yeah!!!! I've been waiting for the big unveiling and am so glad it's here. I'm looking forward to booking lots of jobs with the new voices.com.

Wonderful...just in time for the holidays...definitely looking forward to the
                          upgrades and hoping to build my business with the enhancements!!

Great! I am glad to hear it! One question though, will this particular upgrade include the ability for talents to view whether or not thier audition has been opened? Will it allow talents to see how many people have already submitted for a job? I know that this was mentioned as part of a future upgrade. I was just wondering if these features were part of this particular upgrade.
                            Either way, I cannot wait! Great job!

• Michelle Falzon
                            • November 20, 2008 5:08 PM

Hi Michelle et al,

Thank you for commenting and for your question.

You will be able to see how many people have already auditioned, however, whether or not a demo has been listened to is not part of the redesign.

We really appreciate hearing from all of you and are very happy to learn of your excitement!

Thank you and I look forward to more comments :)

...and I thought Voices.com couldn't get any better!

• James
                                • November 20, 2008 6:01 PM

I'd like to know if you plan to ad just one more column to the "leeds" section.

It would be most helpful for me, at least, to know whether a job requires a custom demo. It seems that jobs often come all at once - and I get much too busy for a week or so to be able to do custom demos - - but I usually DO have the time to send off a proposal that only requires one of my "ready made" demos.

As it is now - I have to open each lead to find out if the requirement is there.

thanks
                                  gray

Me sumo a la opinion de PEPE y HECTOR... es lo único que le faltaría a voices.com para ser una web completa... más teniendo en cuenta que el Inglés y el Español son los idiomas más hablados en el Planeta.
                                    Saludos para todos.

• Gabriel.
                                    • November 20, 2008 6:29 PM

Very excited for the new site! You guys rock! :)

Looking forward to the changes!

All the best,

Ashley

Stephanie & David,
                                          I look forward to the next generation of Voices.com. I know you guys put everything you have into this place, and it shows. Thank you!
                                          All The Best,
                                          Bobbin Beam- ISDN Voice Actress

I´m from barranquilla ,colombia, southamerica and I´m radio announcer,but its so difficult to me to make a demo whith my voice becouse i dont know how to make it in internet.I dont have a computer

• oscar meza
                                            • November 21, 2008 3:41 PM

I've been looking forward to this, as well as some clients.
                                              I can't wait!

Beli Sullivan

• Beli
                                              • November 21, 2008 7:36 PM

Here we are on Sunday afternoon! Thank you so much for all of your comments, enthusiasm and support.

It won't be long now :)

Cheers,

Stephanie Ciccarelli and the Voices.com Team

The new site SUX big time. Can't upload a photo. My webpage looks TERRIBLE. I have to redo way too much now. Why did you do this? Why didn't you leave well enough alone? I used to love using my voices.com page as my major weblink; it was pretty impressive. Now I'll have to use something else. Thanks a lot.

• Annie Silver
                                                  • November 26, 2008 1:45 PM

Where are the improvements? I cannot seem to load my job files any more. The old layout seemed to make more sence to me. I liked it the old way
                                                    8^ /

• Mitch
                                                    • November 26, 2008 3:17 PM

Annie,

You are entitled to your opinion.

As I said in my support ticket response to you earlier, I was grateful that you shared your concerns with me.

I want to assure you again (and anyone else reading this who shares Annie's opinion) that all of these issues you are encountering in the days following the launch are temporary and I am confident that once we have overcome the remaining issues, you will come to enjoy the new site as much or possibly more than our old site.

We made these changes and improvements for a variety of reasons, including increasing server speeds, attracting more jobs and also giving you a significant number of additional promotional opportunities for your voice and business.

Many of these changes were made due to feedback received from our members.

I make no apologies for 18 months worth of work and recognize that we cannot please everyone. Our entire team has been working around the clock and puts every ounce of our effort into making this the absolute best service and community for freelance professional voice talent and those who hire them.

Kind regards,

Hi Mitch,

Thank you for commenting and sharing your thoughts.

Have you been able to view jobs by clicking on "Open" under the Jobs tab in the left hand side bar navigation?

Try that and I think you'll be just fine. Alternatively, you could simply reply to jobs as they are sent to you.

If this is not what you meant, please reply and I'll do my best to answer your question.

You can't please everyone, that's obvious. Most of us are appreciate of the efforts that you guys have put forth and continue to put forth. Keep it up!!!