Who Are The Voices in Your Neighborhood? The People That You Hear Each Day!

May 1, 2009

Diverse group of peopleAs a voice over professional, you may take for granted that people are intrigued by what you do, perhaps even follow your work by hearing alone.

What have you been voicing lately?

Share some of your most recent gigs so that people far and near may find out who they are listening to and check out more of your portfolio!

What Have You Been Voicing Lately?

I'd love to hear what you've been up to in the last month or so. If you want, include ongoing campaigns your voice is part of so that your fans can find you, too!

Share some of your voiceography now!

Just leave a comment below. Fans and prospective clients will be able to find your comment via searching and get to know you a bit better.

Cheers,

©iStockphoto.com/digitalskillet

Related Topics: portfolio, voice actors, voice over, voice over work, voice talent, voiceography, Voices.com

Comments

Latest from me: American Airlines, Michelin Tire three different character voices for Sony Playstation's Crash Commandos video game...and lots of auditions and scratches for movie trailers.

Here's what's on the burners today.
      10 AM session with New Hampshire Motor Speedway
      11 AM session for Showboat Branson Belle (Branson MO)
      12:30 PM session in the miracle mile for a Pepsi corporate vid VO
      On going www.markfiore.com political cartoon vo. I do two or three cartoons a month playing all sorts of characters for Mark. LOVE IT!

Radio Imaging Works TM Studios Dallas. Many flavors from cowboys to trailer announcers to regular guys for radio station imaging coast to coast. New stuff I am on is premiering on LA radio this week on Go Country 105.

I have a client that I do cookie cutter small market spots for as sound alikes for Barney Fife, Paul Harvey, Sam Elliot, Johnny Cash, Arnold Schwarzenneggar and many more. I am a lucky guy.

I may not be a household name, but I am proud to have made my way in LA for the last 4 years on VO alone. There is no plan "B". This is all I do. I am grateful to my high powered Hollywood agents at MM&I Entertainment (me, myself and I) for helping me get the gigs. Although each of the partners in MM&I take an astonishingly high 33and1/3 % commission!

I'm most pleased and humbled with the opportunity I had to voice a promo for the new reality series called Children's Heart (promo is on my blog: Voicepro.blogspot.com). Multigrains Bakery served up a session for me to tell folks why they should partner with them to design a custom bread creation for their company. American Pool Players Assoc. has me narrating all their training videos. Also a hospital network in the upper east has retained me to be their voice for the next 8 radio/TV spots in their campaign.

Though I have certainly seen an impact in my business due to the economic conditions, the clients I have gained through Voices.com have virtually all turned into long-time clients who come back time after time. That's what makes a subscription to Voices.com such a no brainer for me!

I'll be invoicing for this week today, so a good time to recap the week:
          -elearning narration (4th of 12) for a Canadian company putting together info for caregivers of Autism. I learn a lot reading these.
          -Many airports, global cities, and basic prompts for Acuflight, which is an automated information system used by travelers worldwide. 5,000 or so prompts still in the queue. Yipee!
          -3 radio spots for a Radiation Oncology hospital in NY
          -More phone prompts for health clinics in Mississippi ( I did the spelling song while typing this state, to make sure I got it right!)
          -Phone prompts for The Borgata Hotel in Atlantic City, just some new ones for the existing system I did a long time ago.
          -Pick up for radio spot, with new location for Colorectal Health Center, this one in Beverly Hills
          -Narration for a new client in Ohio for a vending machine Co.
          -Lots of outbound phone messages this week, for long standing clients (billing monthly) as well as individual messages...you know the sort of "Loss Mitigation" type stuff, to get the caller to Press 1.

Then, lots of auditions, and playing around on FB. Even got the Friday breakfast in this week with hubby, and am rehearsing new music for singing at church on Sunday....I get paid for that too!

I feel very lucky to make a wonderful living doing this, and try never to take it for granted. It's always new, and fun!!!

It’s been a busy week indeed.

A few highlights include:

Narration PBS – National Money track
            VO Boston - Dunkin Donuts
            VO National- Unicel
            IVR Super Group – “HAL 9000”
            VO Political – Boston Retailers Association
            Narration as “Sam Elliott” – Rocky Mountain Rum Cake
            Narration National - Blue Cross Blue Shield
            Event Narration - Massage Envy
            Narration - SwitchWebVideo

• James Herron
            • May 1, 2009 4:22 PM

A lot of the work I've been doing lately has been training modules and cable television commercials. Less radio imaging due to cutbacks.

As Brian stated, the economy has had an impact - but I'm very blessed and happy that many of my clients turn into long term clients and provide me with daily work.

-Jason

I'm not as busy yet as those who've already posted, but I'll get there!!

I'm currently the television voice for Advantage Mortgage of South Florida and am about to complete my first audio book contract with Key of David Publishing ... a delightful book entitled, 'Redeemed Israel, Reunited and Restored.' The author has already indicated she would like me to 'voice' another one her works in the near future. The work has been a profound blessing in many ways.

Chapter one of that book will be posted very soon on the Messianic Israel Alliance website.

I audition daily and hope to be posting new adventures here very soon.

Ran

It's been an extremely busy month for me.
                  I've done a handful of commercials, (including two regional Kia spots) two infomercials, perhaps 8 eleraning projects (two low budget... a couple normal, and 4 very long and lucrative) and other stuff. It's hard to recall off the top of my head!

We may be in a recession, but 2009 is shaping up to be my best year yet. Much better than 2008.

In the last month, i became the official voice for a national television station. I have so far done upwards of 50 imaging work for the station with most airing already. I also did two shipping narrations for a client in Denmark and the session over the phone was fun to do.

Boingo- IVR in airports around the country
                      Cortislim-Nat'l TV
                      American Heart Association- e learn
                      Sisters On The Case- Vol. 1 &2 audio books soon to be on auduble.com, Amazon & Barnes & Noble
                      Marriott Hotels-Non broadcast
                      LG- corporate vid
                      TimeWarner Cable-Los Angeles- commercial
                      Tribune Co. (LA Times)
                      Sheraton Dammam (Saudi Arabia)- no you won't hear that one here in the states!
                      Plus assorted local and regional items around the USA. I love my work and feel blessed to be a voice actress.
                      All The Best,
                      Bobbin Beam

Just this morning I heard one of my spots on tv, Jennifer Convertibles. I'm in NYC. You can also hear me voicing ads for JARLSBERG Cheese, and if you watch CNBC or Bloomberg, you'll hear my SPDR Financial spots.

Live in CT? Listen for UConn Health Center!
                        Live in PA? Listen for Main Line Health!

Now, I would like to hear from you!!!

Regards,
                        Debbie Irwin
                        Artist in Resonance

• Debbie Irwin
                        • May 4, 2009 10:36 AM

I recently completed a project with the Buddy Group in California. It was a leadership training cd series on managing millenials.

• Brice Lewis
                          • May 4, 2009 11:58 AM

Just this moment finished a page for Cleddau FM in Wales UK - just a little community station and it's a favour for a friend but it's nice to know my voice is on over there.

• Enda Caldwell
                            • May 4, 2009 11:58 AM

Safety procedure announcement for Norwegian Airlines :-)

• Jacob Ekstrøm
                              • May 4, 2009 11:59 AM

A series of recordings for Cisco and one for Microsoft.

• David Menashe
                                • May 4, 2009 12:00 PM

Had fun doing an "Island" accent for a company's cruise presentation. :)

I'm finally sending out demos. It's a great feeling, although a little nerve-racking.

• Jonathan Horowitz
                                    • May 4, 2009 12:01 PM

Voiced tourism videos for the cities of Eindhoven and Rotterdam here in Holland. Also voiced the weekly TV programme Ajax TV. Finally some National TV and radio spots for a casino in South Africa.

• Marc Chase
                                      • May 4, 2009 12:02 PM

Gotta do 4 spots for Floorcrafters in Wisconsin and my regular furniture store client in Maryland... then I put on the Joe-FM persona for the West Virginia folks.

• John Taylor
                                        • May 4, 2009 12:03 PM

A TV AD for the Scottish Youth Hostelling Association.. rebranded as Hostelling Scotland.

That was done last week:- http://www.syha.org.uk/news/news_events__special_offers/news_articles/2009/hostelling_scotland_tv_ad.aspx

ITV1 live continuity today and tomorrow, TV narration for the UK version of Super Nanny US for Discovery.

• Paul Jamieson
                                          • May 4, 2009 12:04 PM

I would tell you about the video games I worked on last week, but this darn confidentiality agreement. OR I would tell you about the one I'm working on today, but there's this darned... well, you know. ;)

• Neil Kaplan
                                            • May 4, 2009 12:04 PM

To Neil: Confidentially....congratulations! Tell us when the games are released.

• Brice Lewis
                                              • May 4, 2009 12:05 PM

Past two weeks:

Narration and Supplemental Voices for NHL/Hockey Documentary.

Three regional auto dealer spots.

Narration for environmental group.

Two banking ads...

May should also be hopping!

Evan

You could have titled this item "What in the world are you up to?" . Comments really cover the globe and this reinforces the point you often make - opportunities truly are unlimited.

• Terry
                                                  • May 4, 2009 9:06 PM

Hi- Just got my demo CDs and have begun sending them out. I'm very juiced and optimistic. I've done some of the "announcer" thing for a couple of shows and done the voice for some webcasts- but now I'm looking forward to getting paid to do it! All of your stories are very encouraging!

Past two weeks:

narration for a leadership program in South Korea
                                                      phone messages for priceline.com
                                                      radio: classical music host for NPR affiliate in CT
                                                      a technology e-learning module - confidentiality
                                                      radio spots for a plastic surgery center in CT

love this business!

It's always great to hear what different types of gigs people are landing! This month I have worked on another Internet tutorial for Alpine Access and I just narrated two industrial videos for BSN Sports today.(New Client Too!)

Thanks,