By Stephanie Ciccarelli
October 25, 2010
You might have noticed a "local" theme on the VOX Daily blog for the past week or so. Today, we're pleased to officially announce a new program we're offering at Voices.com called "Local Voices."
This opt-in program is available to all Platinum and Premium annual members.
Want to learn more?
Voices.com has developed a new opt-in program called Local Voices that will help you to be found in local searches on major search engines. Searching locally has become a significant method for people to find what they are looking for.
Inclusion in the Voices.com Local Voices Directory goes beyond Google and extends to Yahoo!, Bing and other prominent location-based search tools.
Our goal is to expand online exposure for your business and drive qualified traffic to increase your opportunities for voice over work. With more and more people using the local search as their primary tool for service providers, inclusion in Voices.com's Local Voices Directory is a smart move for your voice over business.
As a Premium or Platinum member of Voices.com, this service is included free of charge, enabling you to benefit from a highly effective local search marketing solution that puts you literally on the map!
Some people are curious about what it means to be listed in the Local Voices program. Here's how it works:
1. Login to your Voices.com account.
2. Visit your Profile section under Contact Info. Double check your address and make sure it is one that you feel comfortable associating with your business. P.O. Boxes are fine if you have one.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page for further instructions. If you're a Platinum or Premium annual member, you'll see a message that reads "You are eligible to enroll in the Local Voices Program. Click Edit Contact Info below to sign up!"
4. Click Edit Contact Info to opt-in to the program. Just so you know, participation is not mandatory and only the people who want to be in the program will be included.
5. To move ahead and participate in the Local Voices program, you'll want to check the box. Once you have done that, our team will submit your application which will be followed by the receipt of a postcard in the mail from Google with a PIN number.
6. When you receive the postcard and have your PIN, log in to Voices.com again to edit your Contact Info and type in the PIN, then click save.
7. Our team will then finish the application process and you'll be on the map within a few days.
I know that there are a lot of questions about this as it is a new initiative and hasn't been done at Voices.com before. We wanted to be sure that we answered many of the questions that you might have in advance to help you decide.
What if I've signed up but don't want to continue with the program anymore?
Good question! Should you want to remove your listing, you can log back in to your account at Voices.com and edit your Contact Info to remove yourself from the program. What happens next is that we'll get your request and do a quick follow up to confirm before removing your listing from Local Voices. Removal may take a few days.
Alternatively, you could phone us or send an email to let us know that you want to have your listing removed.
I don't want people to know where I live as I work from home... I still want to participate but am torn over this. What can I do?
This is a common concern and we've given it much thought. What you can do is acquire a postal address for your business. Our recommendation is that you invest in a post office box for your business. If you work from home and feel uncomfortable sharing your information, the P.O. box might be a good way for you to go.
How do clients hire me through Local Voices?
Your listing will link to your profile at Voices.com. Your name will hyperlink to your Voices.com profile. When a client clicks through, they will be able to listen to your demos and request a quote from you at Voices.com. Should a client decide to make use of the other options on your listing, such as phoning or emailing, they will be connected with Voices.com and we'll walk them through the job posting process to request a quote from you. We'll also answer any questions they might have using the site in efforts to help them meet their goal.
You are invited to attend a webinar about our Local Voices program. Here are the details:
Today you'll learn how you can expand your online presence for your business and drive qualified traffic to increase your opportunities for voice over work with a highly effective local search marketing solution that puts you literally on the map!
Title: "Introduction To Local Voices"
Date: Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Time: 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EDT
Register now by clicking the link below:
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.
Required: Windows(R) 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
Required: Mac OS(R) X 10.4.11 (Tiger(R)) or newer
I hope you can join us on the webinar this Wednesday. Thank you for your consideration.
StephanieRelated Topics: Google, how to, Local Voices, SAG, search, voice talent, Voices.com, webinar
Explore a new resource hub covering all aspects of planning, scheduling and launching successful radio advertising campaigns.
Vox Daily offers a daily dose of voice acting news, articles, tutorials, interviews, intelligent conversation and business ideas for voice talent and voice actors.
Our feed & social options update you with special offers and news as it happens.