Tips For Getting More Eyeballs (and Ears!) on Your Voice Over Demo

February 16, 2011

Little boy in 1920s dress with megaphoneWant to get more listens?

This article is geared toward helping you get your voice out there in a way that clients will find it, hear it and hopefully love what you can do so much that they hire you based upon your demo.

Gain some insight and watch a brand new video from Voices.com in today's VOX Daily!

Seeking, Finding, Hearing, Hiring!

I think it goes without saying that most voice talent want to be booking more work.

To do that, there's a little something called marketing that comes into play. To market effectively, you need to be able to clearly communicate what you have to offer which means presenting information at the point of sale that matters to people casting talent.

The point of sale at your website in terms of you being considered, invited to audition or booked without an audition is your demo.

Since audio cannot technically be heard before it is played, you've got to be using text to your advantage.

On that note, content is integral to being found. Being found leads to being listened to. Listening leads to hiring! Check out this new video with tips on how to promote your voice at Voices.com and beyond.

Let me know if you found any of the tips in the video helpful!

©iStockphoto.com/selimaksan

Related Topics: actors, audio, demos, how to, samples, voice, voice overs, Voices.com, YouTube

Comments

Hi Stephanie!

Great video - it has compelled me to take a look at my website and my Voices.com information to pique my potential clients!

Best regards,

Lynne

• Lynne Darlington
    • February 17, 2011 2:23 PM

Hi Stephanie! That's solid gold - thankyou. Early this year I picked up on a tip from you and remade all my demos, categorised and described. It concentrated the mind wonderfully, and hey! a full-scale audiobook job is mine. Thankyou, Voices.com. No way would I have got that with the old general-purpose medley. The video says it all.

Hi Stephanie! Good and helpful tips. I can't remember how I stumbled on to voices.com, but I'm so glad that I did. I'm an engineer and a retired Air Force officer. Though good at public speaking, I had never considered voice over as a profession. But after being exposed to your professional material and the testimonials of so many other voice professional, I have changed my mind. I have a new career and I thank you so much!

• Forrest lamb
        • February 18, 2011 4:51 PM

The video doesn't say show to "feature a demo".

Hi Donald,

Thank you for commenting. There is a box that you can check to feature your demo when you are in Edit mode. Be sure to tick the box if you want to include that demo in the Directory at Voices.com.

I do not see a "box" to check to feature my commercial demo on voices.com

• Markham Anderson
              • February 19, 2011 1:26 PM

Hi Markham,

Thank you for your comment and question.

When you click on a particular demo from within your account, you're able to edit how the demo is presented, including deciding whether or not it is your Primary Demo. Once you are in the "edit" view, you can check the box to feature your demo as such. Be sure to click save once you're done!

I too see no check box to feature a demo unless you mean the "My Primary demo" check box.

• David
                  • February 22, 2011 10:56 AM

Hi David,

Thanks for clarifying and for your question. All demos are now automatically featured. You can pick the order they appear in and also whether or not a demo serves as your "primary" demo.

I hope that helps,

Hey Stephanie, cheers for that - you've given me a timely reminder to check my demos and tidy them up...even recut. Lovin' your work ;-)

• Sini M
                      • March 18, 2011 3:01 PM

thanks a lot. I found it quite valuable i am gonna redo my profile and hopefully i should get a few prospective calls.
                        rijo