How To Increase Your Audition To Booking Ratio

March 23, 2011

Thinking like an agent will make it a lot more interesting for you and also help you to book more of the jobs that you audition for.

Watch the video above to learn more!

Thinking Like An Agent Works Wonders

If you're auditioning for voice over jobs on your own, I hope you have adopted a talent agent's mindset for qualifying your opportunities!

Thinking like an agent will save you time (which can also equate to money), energy and also give you a better shot at booking the projects you are auditioning for.

How Do You Qualify Opportunities?

Looking forward to hearing your reply!

Related Topics: auditioning, bookings, how to, video, voice acting, voiceovers, Voices.com, YouTube

Comments

Hi, Stephanie!

Enjoyed your "Think like an agent" video! I found it very useful in that it changed my perspective in terms of submissions. It's one of several presentations you've offered that have been very helpful in developing my VO career. Several of my more successful colleagues state that they always "negotiate" by bumping up the price of their audition. I've adopted that technique as well, with the idea that if the client likes my audition well enough, he'll come back with an alternative offer, or reiteration of the original amount. However, I sometimes suspect that I may have scared off a potential client by bumping too high. Do you have any guidance in that area?

Having been a premium member for nearly a year, now, I'm curious as to how your system selects jobs to send to my "Jobs - Hiring" page. Is there a specific criteria you use, such as hiring history, or any type of audition ranking history?

Many thanks!

Michael Miro

Great video !! Very helpful and informative, (as always) Thanks guys

• EJ Debenham
      • March 24, 2011 1:58 PM

Very informative, thank you!

• Kimberly Littlefield
        • March 24, 2011 1:59 PM

Great job Stephanie!

• Alix Michaels
          • March 24, 2011 2:00 PM

This is awesome! Thanks for creating this!

• Jeremy Freedman
            • March 24, 2011 2:09 PM

Thanks everyone and you're very welcome. We had a lot of fun creating these videos. Got to say, it's a lot different being in front of the camera than just behind the mic.

I got three words for this video: I LOVE IT!

• taraburm
                • March 24, 2011 2:30 PM

This is really a great video and as a beginner this really would come in handy.

• jeniescopi
                  • March 24, 2011 2:30 PM

Amazing tips. Very detailed and I find it very helpful.

• arnileveia
                    • March 24, 2011 2:33 PM

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your comment and question!

All of the jobs you see match your profile. The content and preferences in your profile determine the kind of public job postings you are notified of.

Have you scheduled an appointment with your Success Manager, Kelly Matthews? If not, be sure to let us know and request that an appointment be scheduled. All subscribing members (Premium and Platinum) are able to request a private consultation with Kelly. She'll be able to help you with your profile and also provide some tips on how to get the absolute most out of your Voices.com experience.

You can call us toll-free at 1-888-359-3472 or email support@voices.com to request a follow up to book your appointment.

Another informative video with some key valid points - Thank you!
                        Curious. I'm interested in doing a little more marketing, but with video.
                        Would you care to share the type of equipment you use in your videos (tri-pod, 1080/720HD?, green screen, dynamic mic, etc).
                        And what are your thoughts of marketing a voiceover career via video?
                        Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Blair Wilson

Hi Blair,

Good to hear from you! I don't know the exact equipment used but if you follow up with Adam Caplan, he might be able to tell you. We do all of our videos with Adam Caplan of web.isod.es.

With regard to marketing a voice over career with video, there are many talent who are developing a following by letting people into their studios. A few good examples to reference are videos by Ed Victor, Joe Cipriano and Terry Daniel.

The comments were interesting but I have never been an agent nor have I worked with one. I am making decisions about certain jobs but I am not 100% objective. I have not learned how to effectively direct myself, to know when I have met the clients needs with my performance. I lack experence to make the best judgement call. Right now I am using my intuition or gut to make the judgement call and that's like "hit or miss".

• Sabrina
                            • March 28, 2011 1:18 PM

Well, Stephanie, you've done it again,....just when I was thinking, that webinars had taught me all I needed to know,--and blogs were getting repetitive-- you come up with another way to make me realize that I have SO much to learn from you guys! Thank you for putting another piece of the v/o puzzle into perspective.

• Bill Hollis