By Stephanie Ciccarelli
June 6, 2011
Is your demo showing its age?
Has your voice changed or are you reinventing how you present yourself?
There are any number of reasons why you might choose to update a demo or to stop using it altogether.
This tutorial will show you how to replace a demo and still maintain your Listens count at Voices.com.
Keeping Demos Current
If your voice has changed (age, register, etc.), you've updated some spots on your demo or you have created a new demo entirely that better demonstrates your abilities as voice actor, odds are you will want to update your Voices.com profile to give prospective customers the best possible indication of what you can do in the here and now.
How To Edit Demo Details
If you wish to make a change to an existing demo that you have uploaded to your Voices.com account or even delete the file completely, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your Voices.com account
2. Go to Profile > Demos. You'll see all existing demos and an option to upload a new file.
3. Click on the demo title to Edit or Delete a demo. Next, click on the Edit Demo button.
4. In the Edit screen you can replace the existing file with a new one and modify any other settings. Don't forget to Save your changes.
5. To delete the demo in full along with all the settings click on the Delete button. You will see a pop up, and if you confirm, the file and all related information will be permanently removed.
Please note that if you choose to delete a demo in full, you will lose all Listens associated with that demo. Opting to replace an existing file will enable you to upload a newer file that better represents your work at this time while still maintaining the number of Listens you had previously received.
If you have any questions, feel free to comment here on the blog and I'll do my best to answer you at my earliest opportunity.
I hope this helped you!
iStockphoto.com/alengoRelated Topics: audio, deleting, demos, editing, how to, replacing, updating, Voices.com