By Stephanie Ciccarelli
August 25, 2011
What would you say are the most wonderful sounds you've ever heard?
Does hearing anything in particular lift your spirits?
Whether it's music, the voice of a loved one, or birds who sing sweetly in the trees I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Share them today on this VOX Daily article.
This morning I heard what I consider to be one of the loveliest and sweetest sounds I have ever heard. Upon letting it sink into my grateful ears, I knew that I needed to share a list of the sounds that have endeared themselves to me and also give you an opportunity to reflect on what yours might be.
As is often said, the best things in life are free including much of what we experience through our five senses. For the purposes of this post, we'll focus on hearing.
1. The sound of a newborn baby cooing contentedly.
2. The sound of a family member singing when they don't know you're listening.
3. The sound of the breeze in the trees.
4. The voice of my husband.
5. The still, small voice that speaks in my heart.
6. The sound of waves lapping upon the shore.
7. The sound of silence.
8. A familiar hymn in times of trouble.
9. When someone says they love you, that they're genuinely sorry or that you're forgiven.
10. Good news, specifically the sort that makes you leap for joy.
What we hear with our ears, even if we can't see what makes us happiest with our eyes, can be seen by the heart.
Looking forward to hearing about the sweetest sounds you've ever heard!
Â©iStockphoto.com/Dagmara PonikiewskaRelated Topics: hearing, love, seeing, sweet sounds
Get the latest voice-over industry news, exclusive webinars, and watch how-to demonstrations on our YouTube channel. Subscribe today!
Vox Daily offers a daily dose of voice acting news, articles, tutorials, interviews, intelligent conversation and business ideas for voice talent and voice actors.
Our feed & social options update you with special offers and news as it happens.