Voices.com Fall 2011 Preview

August 17, 2011

Voices.com's Fall 2011 Release

Today, you're getting a sneak peek of the new profile design.

What's changed and what has stayed the same?

Find out in today's VOX Daily!

New Profiles

Voices.com new profiles Fall 2011; Rosi Amador

What's the same?

You'll still have three sections to your profile; main profile, demos and feedback. Before going any further, there is no action on your part to get the profile upgrade. All the information you have saved will appear in your new profile, however you'll get a fresh, updated design.

What's new?

We hope that your Voices.com profile is your favorite page to point people to when showcasing your voice over work. With that in mind, we're aware that your demo should be right at the top, beside your name. Early tests reveal this is excellent placement and will result in many more listens of your demo.

We're also adding a "Contact" button below your picture. Clients who click the Contact or Request a Quote buttons will get a streamlined hiring process.

And yes, you'll still get to personalize your profile by picking a color theme.

It comes in green.

talent_public_profile_main_green_600.jpg

Or, you can choose the snazzy pink.

talent_public_profile_main_pink_600.jpg

Now, we need your feedback

What did you like about the new profile?
Is there anything you don't like?

My Account Page

We're also going to be introducing a new feature at Voices.com called the "Activity Feed." The feed will be a stream (think Facebook, Twitter, Google+) of your recent activity. No, we're not turning into a social network, but we do appreciate that people like seeing a list of recent activity. I really like this feature myself and am excited to see it roll out.

What will be in the Activity Feed?

Your activity feed will show you things you've done or that others have done that affect you. For example, some items you might see in your feed include:

You have updated your profile. Looks sharp!
You have uploaded a new demo. Sounds great!
[client username] has sent you a thank you note.
[client username] has asked you a question about your audition for [job title].
Congratulations! You have been awarded a job. See Job ID #### for more information

Task Lists

While your activity feed lets you know of items that were accomplished, your task list will show you what you need to do next. Here are some items that may appear in your task list:

[X] Upload a demo
[X] Upload a picture
[X] Choose your color theme
[X] Set up your payment settings

What's Your Favorite?

Imagine you're a client managing your projects with Voices.com. Below, there are two similar, but different designs of the Activity Feed and Task List for clients.

Version A of Voices.com's new activity feed

Version B of Voices.com's new activity feed

In the comment box below, let us know which version you prefer and why.

Thank you!

Stephanie and David

Related Topics: activity feed, Fall 2011, Google, preview, profiles, Voices.com

Comments

Hi Stephanie and David,

The changes look and sound great! I do however prefer version A. The layout in Version A really seems to flow better.

Keep up the great work!

Ben

• Ben Jackson
    • August 18, 2011 8:50 AM

It all looks great!! I'm digging Version B. All lists being vertical, instead of two vertical, one horizontal, seem tidier and make it easier (for me) to take stock of what I need to do.

Did you HAVE to mention FALL????? (loving Summer)

OK, love the new layout and prefer version A. I like the fact that the important info is right up top.
        Thanks for the heads-up!

JC

I too prefer "A". Nice job and I love the idea that info can be steamed to you. great idea.

Thanks so much once again to being open to improvements.

JG

Really nice! BTW I like Version B on there too!

• Steven C. Phillips
            • August 18, 2011 11:41 AM

Nice! I prefer version A.

You really need to make a profile area for weight, height, etc. People are hiring talent for blue suit animation, heck that's why we have our photo up there, and we want people to know who they're talking too.

On the talent side there needs to be a place for video demos in addition to audio. Otherwise, the talent side profiles look good.
                  I think on the client side there should be a polite reminder to the job poster that the talent deserves to be reviewed especially if that talent has gone to the trouble of doing a custom demo. I think the job poster also should be encouraged to complete the job within the voices.com system, otherwise no "free ride." There also needs to be a way for the talent and job poster to communicate during the audition process. There are good reasons for this; such things a copy clarification; pronunciations, etc.

Looks great!! I must say I prefer version "a". The info along the top grabs my eye and instantly grounds me in what's going on with my Voices.com account. I also like the fact the activity box has its own compartment. It makes everything seem more 'focused'. Again, great job!

Lowell

• Lowell Deo
                    • August 18, 2011 4:17 PM

Hi Guys:

I think that I like Version A!! Congrats on the new baby too!
                      Thanks for all you do, constantly.

Carol M. Hahn

• Carol M. Hahn
                      • August 18, 2011 4:18 PM

I vote for #A - it seems most logical - but it all looks GREAT!

Thank you for all this.
                        Laurie

• Laurie Allen
                        • August 18, 2011 4:19 PM

I like version A as well...nice re-vamp!!

• John McCann
                          • August 18, 2011 4:53 PM

Nice job on the new design. A is my fav

The crazy woman who inhabits my brain says: make the "My Account" layout an option for the user! Default to one or the other, based on what most people like, and have the other variety as an option for those who prefer it.

Not everyone in this world thinks or works the same way.

I do however realize that it would take more work to (a) create and (b) maintain, so if it doesn't happen, that's okay too

• Megan McVey
                              • August 18, 2011 9:24 PM

I have a personal website, as well as 2 others, including voices.com. I've always liked their ingenuity and working to make things better; however, we should always be able to talk to posters. This is basically our business and we work as independants. These clients belong to VO. We're not employess of voices.com.

I've booked work on my own. I don't actually get much coming in from any site. Voices.com people are easy to get a hold of, I can't say the same for others.

Regards,
                                Steve Suekey

• Steve Suekey
                                • August 19, 2011 8:27 PM

Looks great!

• Heidi Baker
                                  • August 20, 2011 12:53 PM

Looks great! I like version "A" the best.

As logical as the concept is for A, for some reason my eye's drawn better to the newspaper-y/Facebook-y 3 column style of version B....but hey, this might change tomorrow!

How about splitting the difference, and giving individual users a setting to select this?

Version A makes more sense to me - the summary heads the page and the layout leaves more room for future development should you need to add more info or tools, (while keeping the header the same).