VOX Daily Surprise

August 16, 2011

White ballet slipper styled baby booties with floral appliques, pink backgroundYou might have been wondering why there have been so many guest articles as of late on VOX Daily.

In the spirit of being open with my readers, I thought I'd give you a quick update on what (or I should say who) has been keeping me offline.

Find out more in today's VOX Daily!

Olivia

Who is Olivia and what does she have to do with guest bloggers?

Last month David and I welcomed our fourth child, Olivia, into our family! Olivia was born on July 27th, 2011 at 8:02 a.m. and since her birth I've been busy to say the least but in the most justifiable and overwhelmingly wonderful way.

I've been trying to scrounge up time here and there to keep up with my blogging and found that welcoming guest bloggers to post their stories has been helpful as well as thought-provoking. Thank you to Dana Detrick, John McLain, Debbie Munro and Herb Merriweather for stepping up and submitting material that has been beneficial to the voice over community, specifically to you, dear reader.

Thank you also to everyone at Voices.com who has helped me make the transition and taken on some of my responsibilities during my maternity leave. Mr. Voices.com and I are grateful for the flexibility and also for your support.

How Have You Been?

Needless to say I haven't been able to let the guest bloggers fill each spot on the schedule!

I've missed interacting with you and this post presents a great opportunity to just pop by and say "Hi" to let me know that you're around! If you read VOX Daily, I invite you to comment and introduce yourself.

Should you be reading this in your email, click on this link to get to the live post online to share your thoughts and comments.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

©iStockphoto.com/Maria Georgieva

Related Topics: blogging, child, comments, guests, Olivia, reading, Voices.com, VOX Daily

Comments

Congratulations David and Stephanie! One of Olivia's first toys will be a microphone?
    John
    VoiceOverXtra

Wow, that's wonderful Stephanie & David!! I wish you ALL many blessings for health, happiness and safe lives! May God Bless you ALL!

Hi, my name is Jason and I'm an aspiring voice actor in Fort Wayne, IN.
        First, truly Congratulations are in order!

Second, my wife and I are expecting our first son in two weeks so shortly I will have a better grasp of exactly what you are going through.
        I didn't even notice a change in the blogs, it all has been great content and I thank you for it. Maybe you can bring us a blog that focuses on building a part time VO presence while still having a full time job while raising an infant :)
        Thank you again for all of the great content and all the best with Olivia as well as the rest of the family.

• Jason Leech
        • August 17, 2011 8:58 AM

Congratulations on your new addition!

Congrats Stephanie! That's wonderful news!

What a wonderful family for Olivia to be born into! Congratulations David and Stephanie!

• Paul Garner
              • August 17, 2011 9:42 AM

Wow! Congrats to all three of you!

Congrats you guys....children are a blessing!
                  Brian

CONGRATS! to both of you. with 6 children/young adults of my own, I know full well the pressures, ups & downs of parenthood....PLUS I'M THE RADIO DAD!!!!! :) Enjoy your time off.

Mike

• Mike Austin
                    • August 17, 2011 10:12 AM

Wow! Congratulations! This is wonderful news. Wishing you much happiness and ... sleep. :)

• Laurie Allen
                      • August 17, 2011 10:15 AM

Congratulations Stephanie and David. May God give you what you need in this time of transition. What a blessing to have a new addition to your family.
                        Blessings,
                        Todd Felciano

Lots and Lots of Blessings to you and your family!!!
                          'Olivia' ....WELCOME to our wonderful, precious, crazy...planet!
                          Peace!
                          Crystina Wyler
                          *)O(*

• Crystina Wyler
                          • August 17, 2011 11:03 AM

Steph & David---CONGRATULATIONS!!! Wow-sers---4 kids & counting! Time for a bigger house!!(please don't raise the rates!)

All the best to you & the family!
                            -JC

Dear Stephanie and David,

Thank you for sharing the wonderful news. Congratulations and welcome Olivia! Good for you for taking some time to enjoy this precious event.

Catherine

Wow! FOUR!!?? Congratulations. I so admire entrepreneurs, especially one's with kids! I'm grateful to have my voice business at home and do indeed have two little people myself. A tall order to juggle everything. Good for you!! I'm curious, are you and David still voicing work, too, and does that mean your office is equipped with sound equipment? Further, do you have a whole office and studio at home, too?
                                Just curious about your world...
                                All the best!!
                                Natasha Marchewka
                                "Your work is all I talk about!"

• Natasha Marchewka
                                • August 17, 2011 12:35 PM

Congrats again Stephanie! We can't wait to meet her! Glad that you've been able to take some well deserved time off :)

• Jennifer Smith
                                  • August 17, 2011 12:40 PM

Thank you all for your warm wishes and blessings! We are truly blessed to have the privilege of bringing up four beautiful children.

To answer your questions:

@John Florian, we don't have a microphone toy but if you come across a plush or stuffed microphone, let me know!

@Natasha Marchewka, David and I do not do any voiceovers professionally nor any of the production work. The closest I get to that is Voices.com webinars, podcasts and videos. At one point about 8 or 9 years ago, we did do audio production professionally but since then we decided that we'd rather help other people promote themselves and get the work :) There is a Samson CO1U that resides at the office but the only use it has had in the last year or so has been at events like SLOME ( http://blogs.voices.com/voxdaily/2011/05/voices-com_at_slome_2011.html ) where we recorded students so that they could hear what their voices sounded like or when I've gone into elementary schools and gave brief talks followed by Q&As about what I do and voice acting in general. I work from what you could call a home office but also have an office at our headquarters with plenty of room for a playpen, stroller and other baby items :) Sometime in the fall I'll return to work periodically from Voices.com's offices in downtown London.

@Jason Leech, Congratulations on the upcoming birth of your first child! As for an article, that sounds like a great idea. A few weeks before Olivia was born, the thought crossed my mind to ask a few talent to contribute to an article about how they adjust their work schedules for recording to revolve around baby and its needs or if they simply take a maternity leave and return to work when they are ready. I'll see what I can do in that respect.

• Stephanie Ciccarelli
                                    • August 17, 2011 2:50 PM

Congratulations Stephanie and David! So happy for you both on your new little bundle of joy. Can't wait to meet baby Olivia :-)

Awe.......I'm so excited for your both. Congratulations, Stephanie and David. May your lives be filled with many years of happiness, baby kisses, love, and laughter!

Four! Quatro! Ai caramba! My hat goes off to you, and I admire you more than ever be4!

I thought that raising 3 was a challenge. Best wishes for many rich and rewarding days ahead for each and every family member!

Congratulations! I can't wait to meet the newest member of the family.

Ben

• Ben Jackson
                                            • August 18, 2011 8:54 AM

You are as much a blessing to your child, as Olivia is to you.

Van harte gefeliciteerd met de geboorte van jullie dochter!

(congratulations on the birth of your daughter)

Warmest well-wishes,

Paul Strikwerda

No time for articles? Come on Stephanie, it's only 4 children :) Congratulations and blessings on your family.

Paul

Congratulations Stephanie and David!

Best Wishes,

Pooja

• Pooja
                                                  • August 19, 2011 11:11 AM

Hearty congratulations to both you Stephanie and David!
                                                    Keep the mic within reach because I think Olivia will be ready very soon!
                                                    Best of Luck to you both

• George L. Zocco
                                                    • August 19, 2011 11:14 AM

Congratulations!! I have no idea how you & David can keep on top of voices with 4 kids, but you do!! It's nearly impossible to get a voice over done when there are kids in the house. Keep up the great work at your home & on the site. The fall preview looks great.

• Ryan
                                                      • August 19, 2011 11:19 AM

As I've written poetrically,in the Voicesdotcom webpage and Updates of Linkedin, I welcome this precious Princess Olivia with all the blessings of the World.
                                                        Congratulations Mommy & Daddy Voices.com (and the Siblings);
                                                        May PEACEful Well-Beings be w/Your Family,
                                                        Miné Bilgé

• Miné Bilgé
                                                        • August 19, 2011 1:50 PM

The staff got to meet the newest member of the Voices.com family today. She is tiny and perfect and very, very quiet!

Wow, congratulations!

• Menna Bonsels
                                                            • August 20, 2011 12:52 PM

Congrats!!! Now we all get free baby sfx, right??!!

• Nic Natarella
                                                              • August 20, 2011 12:52 PM

Congratulations!!!

• Erica Risberg
                                                                • August 20, 2011 12:53 PM

Great article!! Congratulations and a warm welcome to the newest member of the Ciccarelli family!

• Sheldon
                                                                  • August 22, 2011 11:40 AM

Wonderful news, Steph! Congrats. Is Olivia's profile posted yet? I'd like to hear how she sounds! :-)

Congratulations and best wishes!!

• Ann Simmons
                                                                      • August 24, 2011 9:00 PM

Oh lovely!

Congratulations Stephanie and David, Olivia is a beautiful name, and I wish you all the best with your marvellous family.

Love,