Voices.com Send a Thank You Feature

September 27, 2011

Thank you note on a bright bouquet of flowersDid you know that clients have the ability to "send a thank you" from the page where they review talent auditions?

Maybe you've been a recipient of one!

This feature has been in place now for a number of months and it's always a pleasure to hear about how improvements to the site are affecting our customers.

Find out more about how these Thank Yous work in today's VOX Daily.

Everyone likes a little thank you or an acknowledgment when then get one! Earlier this year we added a new feature for clients to send a thank you note to talent who have auditioned for them through the site.

There has been some talk about this feature lately and I wanted to clarify how it works.

Are these "canned" emails?

While clients at Voices.com do have prepared templates to work from, each email they send is specific to their thoughts about your particular audition. This framework has made it easier for clients to communicate with you while saving them time.

Are they sent in an email blast?

If you receive a Thank You note from a client at Voices.com, don't be afraid to feel special! Contrary to what some people may think, these Thank You notes are sent out one by one meaning that a client actually takes the time to send individual thank you emails to talent that they want to send them to.

Genuine communication from a client to you!

If a client didn't care, they wouldn't send personalized emails to talent who auditioned for their job. These Thank Yous can only be sent out one by one in order to facilitate genuine expressions of gratitude. When you think about it, it's highly unusual if not rare that anyone hears back from an employer who did not hire them so consider these emails above and beyond the call of duty and a bonus!

Have You Received a Thank You?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

©iStockphoto.com/Morten Olsen

I received a Thank You note a few days ago because of my audition and was thrilled to know that they liked it and planned to keep the contact information on hand. Thanks for making it easy for a prospective client to send along their note!

Jan Eliot

• Jan Eliot
    • September 27, 2011 12:35 PM

I have received a couple of these "thank you" notes. It was appreciated. Hopefully, the client is sincere and will get back to me for future work opportunities.

Excellent site. Excellent content. Would love to start re-purposing this content for use on our site and/or vise-versa.

Check out our site![resnickinteractive.com]

We try to feature really great voiceover tips, videos and blog content about the voiceover casting industry. We'd love to carry your stories too!! Give us a shout.

• TMR
        • September 27, 2011 4:55 PM

Like so much else at Voices.com, this has been well thought out and helps busy people both sides of the mike.

• Howard Ellison
          • September 27, 2011 5:08 PM

I've collected a few of these now. They do have the effect of making you feel like you were at least considered seriously for the gig. I don't think the client would take the time to write from scratch, so the templates are a good tool. After all, we voice talents use templates in our auditions as well.

A great BIG thank you to ProVoices, LLC and Mary Ann for her great work recently. M.A. is FANTASTIC....

• Red Thing Productions, LLC
              • September 29, 2011 12:01 PM

Yes, I did receive one a few months ago! It certainly made my day even though I did not get the job. I was told that he liked my voice, however, we would not be working together at the time but he definitely would keep me in mind for future jobs. Haven't heard anything yet. We'll see!

Carol M. Hahn

• Carol M. Hahn
                • October 4, 2011 10:07 AM

I like the 'thank you' feature. I always respond with my own 'thank you' to those that take the initiative to do the right thing and thank us.

John Sipple

• John Sipple
                  • October 4, 2011 10:07 AM

Thanks for the back ground on the recent number of "Thank yous" I've received from clients receiving auditions from me. I wondered if they were generic sent in a blast. It is gratifying that each I received was a one-off, albeit possibly drafted from a template you provided.

Speaking of "templates", I have noticed I can no longer save custom proposals as templates. I use some that a months old, adapting them each time, but am unable to keep the new version. Is that because my only historical reference seems to be limited to when I return to the "Answered" page to check out my proposal that accompanied my audition?

Mike Hanson

• Mike Hanson
                    • October 4, 2011 10:08 AM

Yes, I have, thank you!

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your comments!

@Mike Hanson - The box to 'save' as you go for proposals is no longer available. We found that some talent were ticking the box each and every time they auditioned which cluttered up their Templates folder. In order to give a template a name, you need to be within the edit mode for templates. Proposals that were being created at the audition stage lacked titles and therefore next to useless in terms of knowing what each template said without clicking through to see what its contents were. I hope that helps to explain why this feature was removed :) You can still create templates from the Templates area and title them appropriately for use in auditions.

It's a nice idea but I'd also love to see a list of the templates.

• Ed Mace