Puppy in My Pocket Voiceover Casting Call

November 15, 2011

City of Los Angeles signAre you an actor in Los Angeles?

Do you want to do cartoon voices?

This is your chance to be heard and discovered!

Voices.com and Resnick Interactive Group are pleased to bring you this exclusive casting call for Puppy in My Pocket.

Be sure to read more about this opportunity and how you can get involved in today's VOX Daily.

Los Angeles Talent Casting Call...Online!

An animated series due to air on a major North American television network is being cast through Voices.com and we would love for you to audition! Puppy in My Pocket is being cast exclusively through Voices.com in partnership with Resnick Interactive Group. Pay is modeled after the union dubbing rate and there are 52 episodes to be recorded.

Auditions and casting for this show will be conducted online at Voices.com with recording taking place in Los Angeles at a professional recording studio. This amazing collaboration merging the online voiceover marketplace with traditional casting is a first for Voices.com and Resnick Interactive.

The Seven Roles Being Cast at Voices.com Include:

Character: Zull
Gender: Male - Rottweiler
Age: 25 years old
Personality: Bad - Eva's Guard

Character: Mela
Gender: Female - Tortoise Shell Cat
Age: 25 years old
Personality: Good - Princess' Guard

Character: Magic
Gender: Male - German Shepherd (talent voicing Magic could be male or female)
Age: 12 years old (could be a young teen or child voice)
Personality: Good and smart, Kate's (female lead) friend.

Character: Kate
Gender: Female
Age: 12 years old (could be a young teen or child voice)
Voice Description: Smart and confident, but not in a geeky way. A little bounce in her tone. Dakota Fanning like. She is very spunky and sensitive.

Character: Gort
Gender: Male - Pit Bull
Age: 25 years old
Personality: Bad - Eva's Guard
Voice Description: Rough and tumble. Sounds like a tough guy. Antagonizing, mean and crusty. Even though similar to Zull, we need him to have his own voice characteristics. He tries to be tough but is kind of dense/dumb and sometimes screws up. Think of Zull and Gort as an evil comedic duo.

Character: Danny
Gender: Male - Neapolitan Mastiff
Age: 25 years old
Personality: Good - Princess Guard
Voice Description: Goofy and fun. "Aw shucks" type, but with a strong growl.

Character: Balloon
Gender: Female - Norwegian Cat
Age: 25 years old
Personality: Good - Princess' Guard
Voice Description: Fast talker, perky, a bit gossipy, a bit valley girl.

How Do You Audition?

Voice talent members of Voices.com have already been notified of this opportunity but we're open to receiving auditions from newly registered members in the Los Angeles area. To submit an audition, you'll need to register at Voices.com for an account. One that you can try out for free is our Guest membership.

Here's a link to where you can sign up as a Guest (free) to audition for this show:

Once you've registered at the site, be sure to comment here on this post and let me know which roles you'd like to audition for. Following that, I'll send you an invitation to where you can audition online, access the sides and upload your MP3. The deadline to submit for this casting call is Friday November 18th, 2011.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

With warm regards,

Stephanie Ciccarelli
Co-founder of Voices.com

Related Topics: cartoons, child, German, Los Angeles, union

Comments

Hi there, I would like to audition. I am interested in the sides for the roles: Mela, Kate and Balloon. Thank you very much!

• Lindsay
    • November 15, 2011 11:48 AM

Please send me the info to audition for Mela, Balloon & Kate. Thanks!

• Ratana
      • November 15, 2011 11:55 AM

I'd love to read for Mela and Balloon. I'm here in LA.
        Thanks:)
        S

I'm local to Los Angeles, and very interested in auditioning!

You've just been sent your job invitations as requested :)

Hi Ratana,

You've just been sent your job invitations as requested. Have a great day :)

Hi Lindsay,

I have sent you the job invitations for Mela, Kate and Balloon.

For anyone else commenting, be sure to include your full name as well as enter in your email address in the field before submitting your comment. I was able to find Lindsay because she included her email :)

I would love the side for Mela, Balloon and Kate, Thank you

• Joi
                  • November 15, 2011 12:31 PM

I would like to audition for Danny and Gort please.

• Joe Romersa
                    • November 15, 2011 12:43 PM

Hi Joe,

Thank you for joining Voices.com! Welcome :)

I have sent you the invitations to audition for Gort and Danny.

Hi Joi,

Thank you for joining Voices.com! I hope you enjoy our service.

The invitations you requested have been sent to you.

I registered with voices.com some time ago, however, I could NOT find myself after several attempts with my email address. Any suggestions? I would appreciate it very much. Thanks.

• Ricardo Gomez
                          • November 15, 2011 1:07 PM

Hi Ricardo,

Thank you for commenting. Only talent who have uploaded a voice sample to their profile are searchable in the Voices.com database. Could you please upload a voice sample?

Here's a link to your profile as it is now:

Hi there:

I would like to audition for Kate & Balloon. Thanks so much.

Brenda

Hi, I'd like to read for Danny. I'm in LA. Thanks....Jon

• Jon Mohr
                                • November 15, 2011 10:25 PM

Hello, I would like to audition for the parts of Zull, Gort and Danny

• Ian A Jenkins
                                  • November 16, 2011 3:04 AM

Stephanie and Todd:
                                    of course I would like to audition for all the girls and Magic.
                                    Thanks!
                                    Katie Leigh

Hi Jon,

I have sent you an audition for Danny.

Take care!

Hi Brenda,

I've sent you auditions for the roles you requested!

Have a great day,

Hi Ian,

Thank you for your interest! I've sent you the auditions.

I would like to opportunity to voice Mela, the Tortoise Shell Cat! P-r-r-r-r-r-ease?
                                            After my time with BB in his animation workshop, I would like to try my hand at the real thing!
                                            Thanks so much Stephanie!
                                            Heather (Quillsongs)

Hi there -

I'd like to read for the roles of Zull and Gort.
                                              I'm here in Los Angeles and will upload a character demo later this evening for your review.

Thanks.

Matt

• Matt West
                                              • November 16, 2011 1:44 PM

Hi Katie,

I have sent you your auditions. Thank you for all the correspondence we had today via the email!

Hi Heather,

Thank you for asking! I've just sent you an invitation to audition for Mela. Bob Bergen is a great instructor and I've had the privilege to sit in on one of his workshops (Fraggle Rock).

Hi Matt,

Thank you for asking! Welcome to Voices.com :)

I've sent you the auditions as requested.

I would love to audition for Balloon, Kate and Magic. I live in Tampa, but if I got the gig, would have no problem flying in and out for it. I have relatives in the LA area I can stay with.

Thanks!

Wendy

Hello, Stephanie,

I would love to audition for the role of Zull or Gort, I think my voice would do well for those parts. If you can send me whatever I need to audition for a part. I'd give anything for the chance.

Thx Chaz gibbons, hope to hear from you.

• Chaz Gibbons
                                                        • November 16, 2011 10:13 PM

Hi, I'd like to audition for Danny, Gort, and Zull.

Thanks!

Jess McKay

• Jess McKay
                                                          • November 17, 2011 1:24 AM

Hi Wendy,

I have invited you to audition for those roles.

Take care!

Hi Chaz,

Thank you for writing in and for sharing your choices! I have sent you auditions for Zull and Gort.

If we could get to LA, can we still audition??

Thank you!

Eleanor Katz (Chicago-based)

• Eleanor Katz
                                                                • November 17, 2011 10:13 AM

I saw this audition and did not submit because it was asking for LA based talent.. I live in Scottsdale, AZ and am willing to travel to LA ( a short one hour plane ride) but did not know if my audition would be waived by when the casting group realized I am not based in LA, your thoughts? otherwise, I would love to audition for this project. Would appreciate your input on this ...

Deb Coloma

• Deb Coloma
                                                                  • November 17, 2011 10:14 AM

Hi Eleanor,

I have sent you auditions for Mela and Balloon. If you book, you will need to take care of your own travel and lodging expenses.

Take care!

Hi Deb,

Thank you for writing in to me! You can still audition for this.

If you book, please note that you'll need to take care of your own lodging and transportation expenses.

This is regarding the audition call for Puppy in My Pocket. Thank you for send out this post. I am very interested in three roles; Danny, Zull, and Gort. Please forward any scripts, information or tips you can. I look forward to this opportunity.

R.T.Gaylord

• R.T.Gaylord
                                                                        • November 17, 2011 10:20 AM

Hi Rick,

I have sent you auditions for the roles of Danny, Gort and Zull. Thank you for asking!

Hello,
                                                                            I just moved to LA a month ago and I am interested in reading for the 3 female roles Mela, Kate and Balloon. Thanks you for such and amazing opportunity.
                                                                            Kelsie Clark

• Kelsie Clark
                                                                            • November 17, 2011 10:44 AM

Hi Kelsie,

Thank you for commenting! The invitations to audition for Mela, Kate and Balloon have been sent you.

Hi Jess,

I have sent you the auditions you requested. Thank you very much for commenting and for your interest!

I actually met you at your mixer in LA a few years back. I would love if you could send me the auditions for Zull and Danny if it's not too late. Thanks!!

-- Tony

• Tony Azzolino
                                                                                  • November 18, 2011 6:45 AM

Hi Tony,

Great to hear from you! I have sent you the sides as requested.

Have a great weekend,

I would like to audition for Balloon and Kate. THANK YOU!!!!

• jen davis
                                                                                      • November 18, 2011 12:49 PM

Hi Jen,

Auditions were sent to you. Thank you for asking!

Stephanie,

I am interested in auditioning for Puppy In My Pocket. With a parade of character's voices I currently have, I would like to audition for the roles of:

Zull, Magic, Gort, and Danny.

Please provide the online audition information, and I will get the mp3's done and sent right away.

Thanx,
                                                                                          Stephen Marrero

• Stephen Marrero
                                                                                          • November 22, 2011 9:42 AM

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for writing in. The opportunity to audition for Puppy in My Pocket is now closed. Thank you though for your interest! The deadline for receiving auditions was Friday November 18th, 2011.

If there is anything else I can do for you, please let me know.