Jake Foushee Represented By Abrams Artists Agency

April 26, 2012

Jake Foushee youtube videoIn a world where putting a really awesome impression of Don LaFontaine on YouTube can get you on TV and agency representation offers, Jake Foushee is having the time of his life.

His voice changed at age 13 and by the time he turned 14, his instrument could rival Hollywood's finest in trailer and promo.

Hear more about his rise to stardom and share tips and words of wisdom with a very talented, yet very young, voice-over phenom.

Boy Wonder

The newly famous pipes of one Jake Foushee, as seen on Good Morning America, Ellen and computer monitors everywhere, has just been offered representation with one of the most prestigious voice-over agencies in New York City and represented by one of the most amazing voice-over talent agents ever.

Imagine. A fourteen year old boy who wants nothing more than to be a professional voice actor and follow in the steps of his hero, Don LaFontaine, was handed the opportunity of a lifetime on a silver platter...a career start at Abrams Artists Agency.

You can watch his appearance and agency representation offer on Ellen here:

This is no ordinary story. This is clearly no ordinary boy.

Words Of Wisdom?

Do you have any words of wisdom that you could impart to Jake as he begins his professional voice-over career?

Comment and let us know!

Related Topics: agents, Hollywood, New York, TV, YouTube

Comments

This guy is great! Amazing he is so good at this age. My advice: Take your time and be patient, your time will come. Although the voice is ready, I think real world experience counts for a lot too. Be in the game for the long haul. I am sure if he sticks at it he will be a massive success! Great story.

You've been handed a "golden ticket," but now comes the hard part. Study...Study...STUDY the craft. It's up to you whether you succeed or fail. #oneluckykid

• AJ McKay
      • April 26, 2012 4:29 PM

I'm not sure if I should be jealous or happy for this young, incredibly talented star. Wow! To be 14 and already have agency representation is almost unthinkable. Hey, Jake...............could you remember little ole Kurt Feldner one day when you're making money hand over fist.......and maybe put in a good word for me too? :)

What a gift, Jake! Treat that amazing voice (and what must be a very accurate ear) as an instrument that will play any tune you put to it. You won't have to sound like some other star - you are becoming your own.

This kid is awesome!!! What an amazing voice! I love Ellen, she's the best, what an amazing gift she has given him to have him on her show :)

• Jennifer Smith
            • April 27, 2012 1:22 PM

He is a great kid! I have enjoyed coaching him and hope to for a few more years. My advise to him keep playing soccer. We need you for a few more years! And don't skip anymore practices for TV shows.

• Coach Jason
              • April 27, 2012 4:47 PM

A replay of the "man with a golden voice..."

However, the kid stands a better chance of making something good of it if his parents have enough sense to keep him in school until he's a doctor or an engineer.

• steve hammill
                • April 27, 2012 11:47 PM

Great of Ellen D to bring him on and help him start off in such a great way!

When I first heard of Jake's story and his dream .. it reminded me of my own passions to use my voice... in my case it was 30 years ago.. I was around the same age he is now, there was no internet.. and certainly no "YouTube"... my efforts were expressed by verbally articulating snippets in the newspaper... the labels off shampoo bottles (while I was in the shower!), household cleaners and anything else in my best style.. mimicking what I heard on TV and on radio, etc.. It took me thirty years to be able to really start to step out toward my own dream, and I am humbled that (like Jake) I have had some very caring and respected people step alongside me and encourage me as I begin my "journey"... (not signed to a top level VO agency "yet", but maybe soon, right?)

I know that I am not the only one that has been chasing a passion.. a dream... we all are here (I would expect) because of our passion to use our voice... Like Ted Williams' story.. it would be easy for those of us who have been "fighting" for years to have maybe a touch of dishearted-ness or even jealousy that "lightning has struck" this young man, and you may still be feeling "aloof in the dark".. Don't be discouraged. Be heartened and believe that your "chance" could be right around the corner. Don't give up!.. Don't give in!...As Ellen voices as the "Dory character in "Nemo"... "Just Keep Swimming!"

A last thought.. there was a comment I have seen on another industry forum by someone who actually suggested that Don La Fontaine's profile be removed from it (because he was "no longer here")... a response came from his great friend and associate Paul Pape, that Don "was still encouraging.. still motivating.. still setting an example.. even after his earthly life has ended"... This proves it!.. Jake Foushee would have been around 8 or 9 years old when Mr. LaFontaine passed... and he, like so many of us.. look to Don's example as something to aspire to.. Thank you again DLF! Your inspiration of others out there proves that you are still "with us"!

His voice is great! I think I heard him already on the HGTV Kitchen Cousins commercial! If it's not him it certainly sounds like his voice. Best of luck

• D Allen
                    • May 6, 2012 6:32 PM

It's so annoying when youve been struggling for 10 years doing deep voices don lafontaine style movie trailers then a kid buts a sub standard attempt of it on youtube and gets on ellen!

wow

• Rob
                      • May 9, 2012 6:38 PM

My name is Shawn Lane Risley and untl the other day on the ELLEN show i did'nt know your agency exsisted...... could u Email me and tell me the proper way to summit a voice over demo to your company. thank you..........Sincerly Shawn Lane Risley

• shawn Lane Risley
                        • May 9, 2012 11:47 PM

Greetings from the wacky world of voiceovers,I was so moved by the talents of Jake,and his passion for this business.The one thing I would like to express to you,as you continue to grow and mature in this business,your greatest assets,beyond your talent, is your determination,and passion. I wish him well,in all his endeavors-Dave Johnston-Freelance Voiceactor-Mile high city of Denver Feb,25 2014 8:35 PM

• Dave Johnston