SurePay Is Getting Faster!

April 30, 2012

Red sports car racing ahead with blurred motionWant to hear some good news?

For voice talent who use our safe payment service, SurePay, you'll be getting your payments even faster! We're now making payment to talent on a weekly basis.

Voices.com's Finance Manager, Kevin Ronson, has prepared an excellent article that explains how this works and what you can do to get your payments even faster in today's VOX Daily.

Faster Payments From Voices.com

Starting May 1st we are implementing a change to the SurePay payout schedule. Talent have been asking us if we can speed up the payment time and we have listened. Starting May 1st funds released between Saturday and Friday will be paid out the following Friday.

This change will significantly speed up payouts dropping the average period from when the payment is released by the client to when it is paid to the talent from twenty-five days to only ten days. Under the new system you will never have to wait longer than thirteen days and may receive you payment in as fast as seven.

So what's happening up until May 1st? The current payout schedule will remain in effect. Any funds released between April 1st and April 14th will be paid out on May 1st. Funds released between April 15th and April 30th would normally have been paid out on May 15th, but we are going to speed that up and payout those funds on May 11th. Funds released from May 1st to May 4th will also be paid out on May 11th under the new payout schedule. Going forward the new schedule will be in full effect.

May 2012 SurePay payout schedule at Voices.com

Want To Get Paid Even Faster? Here's How!

If you are a talent and want to ensure you receive your payment as fast as possible then be sure to select PayPal as your preferred payout preference. When you receive funds via PayPal you don't have to wait for a check to arrive, there is no risk of the check being lost in the mail, and you pay no PayPal fees to receive your payment.

To receive future payments via PayPal and enjoy all the above benefits simply change your payout preference on your profile or contact us by phone 1-888-359-3472 or e-mail (support@voices.com) and we will make the change for you.

We are excited to announce this new faster payout schedule and are continually looking for ways to improve Voices.com for everyone.

Let us know what you think!

Regards,
Kevin

©iStockphoto.com/Henrik Jonsson

Comments

Wonderful news!!! Thanks!!!

Bravo! Great improvement, thanks!

Thanks David & Stephanie! Now, if I could just turn some of those auditions into jobs...
        :-)

That's FANTASTIC! Voices.com has always been a trusted site that always seems to put their talent first. This is just another example of their awesome service.

BRAVO! This is a terrific change.

• J. LOUIS REID
            • May 2, 2012 9:34 AM

This is wonderful! Thanks all!

Superb!!! This will be so much easier to keep track of, as well as plan for.

• John McCann
                • May 7, 2012 9:40 PM

This has been a bone of contention for me ever since voices.com moved to twice-a-month. Good to see that this problem has finally been solved. THANK YOU!

• Stephen Murgan
                  • May 11, 2012 9:12 AM

Thank you SO much!!!

To be transparent....shortening the time Surepay holds my payments though appreciated....falls short of the "best solution". 95% of the work I do through Voices.com I bill directly via Pay Pal outside of Surepay. I bill after the client has received my audio files. They pay with a credit card the same way Surepay receives payment. But I receive payment instantly. No waiting. I have had "1" $200 job out of the last well over 300 jobs in the previous 2 years not pay me. My clients are all happy. So as far as Surepay doing anything for me as a talent...it only make me wait for my payment...and I have to pay 10% for the privilege. Plus the website represents Surepay as "THE" way to pay. It neither offers nor even mentions any other options. I have to educate each new client. Once they realize there is another option they are happy to use Pay Pal directly. I understand after having your hands and feet handcuffed it is a relief to have them removed from your feet. But I can't pretend to be happy about still not being free. I'm not a complainer. This is my first public address of this. I don't have time to blog about it. I'm too busy working to make a living for my family. But after all the jubilant responses above....I felt like I needed to weigh in. All the best! Jon

• Jon Mohr
                      • May 25, 2012 1:48 PM

Hi Jon,

Thank you for adding your thoughts to the conversation. I hope my reply finds you well.

Although this method might be working well for you, please be aware that you are sharing incorrect information with clients when you say that Voices.com is charging you as the talent to use SurePay and sharing incorrect information is in violation of our Terms Of Service, Section 8, "Client Responsibilities."

To clarify, clients pay the escrow fee when using our service, not the voice talent.

The fee you are referring to (which is 10% on top of what a talent quotes as their fee) covers the client's use of the site to audition talent, review responses, award their job and receive finished audio through the site. Their finished audio is also stored on the site for as long as they have an account with us providing them with access to their files whenever they require it. Our fee also includes the guarantee that they will find a talent to complete their project.

Just as talent are able to pay a subscription fee to promote themselves, clients who use our site to get their job done on time and within their budget are also charged a fee to achieve their goals.

Customers pay for services rendered and for value received. We expect that our client members pay for the service if they are successful in finding what they were looking for.

On another note, when talent are paid by Voices.com, they can choose to either receive payment via check or PayPal. Voices.com pays the PayPal fee to send talent the money effectively 'gifting' it to them as a Thank You for using the site the way it was designed. Talent do not pay any PayPal fees to receive funds from Voices.com unlike how they would be charged fees by PayPal if accepting the funds directly on their own.

Another way talent are rewarded for doing so is being featured on our home page on the Recently Hired List. Talent who show up on this list are more likely to be hired again quickly because their voice sample and link to their profile are prominently displayed for clients to see when they first arrive at the site.

Talent who are paid using SurePay on the Voices.com site also receive valuable feedback ratings and reviews.

By not using SurePay in favour of taking payment off the site, one forfeits these opportunities and the many benefits they could be experiencing not to mention our safe payment feature that guarantees payment for talent.

Does what I've shared make sense to you? I look forward to your reply.

Stephanie Ciccarelli
                        Co-founder of Voices.com

Hi all,

More good news! As you might have read (I edited the post at the top), SurePay is even faster than it was when we posted the good news found here :) Voice talent have been paid weekly for some time now. I apologize that I did not update this sooner or make a new posting. We will be sure to communicate this in our next newsletter.

• Stephanie Ciccarelli
                          • August 7, 2012 2:51 PM

If a job is Completed on Oct 25 when would the Talent expect a check for. As I would not want to pay double the fees to SurePay for "holding" the payment then again to PayPal to transfer from it to my Bank Account. I prefer a check but If I need to wait 3 weeks for it then I don't think it's worth it.

• Luke Tblay
                            • November 8, 2012 1:41 PM

Hi Luke,

Thank you for your question. I appreciate it!

First, let me assure you that you are not paying any fees for us to pay you your money. If you are paid by PayPal, we gift the money to you. If you are talking about PayPal taking a percentage of your money when you withdraw it into your own bank account, that's PayPal doing so and not Voices.com.

Second, it won't take 3 weeks to get you a check. Payments are sent out weekly now. I have asked that someone in our finance department follow up with you via email to provide more detail and address the specific details of your question.

Thank you for reaching out!

Thank you very much for the reply. I will be awaiting the email.

• Luke Tblay
                                • November 8, 2012 3:13 PM

Very quick and Concise help from the Team @Voices.com
                                  It's always a pleasant interaction. Thank you again.

L.T.