By Lin Parkin
September 18, 2013
If you've always wanted to meet some of the top influencers in the industry but haven't had a chance due to the travel involved then this is a conference for you.
Voice Over Virtual is the industry's first conference held entirely online. It will be a three-day event jam packed with learning and networking opportunities beginning today, September 18th, and will run for three days.
At its conclusion on September 20th a recording of the event will be available on demand for attendees until November 30th, 2013.
Join VOX Daily today to learn more about this mammoth voice-over event.
What to Expect
- Customizable agenda of 50+ educational on-demand sessions that attendees can view according to their own personal schedule
- Interactive exhibit hall featuring voice over home studio audio equipment and professional services
- Live Q&A sessions with top professionals on home studio audio and more
- Private online career evaluations with voice over agents and casting directors
- Real-time social media-style networking and learning with voice over professionals and colleagues
- Downloads of professional materials including literature, video and audio
- Games, charity donations and more!
Some of the industry's leading voice-over professionals are attending the event to help new and experienced voice actors learn and grow their careers, including sessions with:
- James Alburger: How to avoid the online audition abyss
- Marc Cashman: How to sound like you're not reading
- Terry Daniel: Using social media for promotion
- Pat Fraley: Good acting vs. bad acting (a demonstration)
- David Goldberg: The future of voice over
- Erik Sheppard: How to find and work with agents
- George Whittam: Q and A about home studios
- Ron Minatrea: How to create a business action plan for your career
- Julie Williams: Advanced narration techniques (medical and technical)
The Future of Voice Over Panel
Voices.com co-founder, Stephanie Ciccarelli, will be present as one of panelists for the Future of Voice Over discussion panel which runs on Friday, Sept. 20th at 3:00 pm ET. Topics will include:
- Home studios - Wondering how these fit into your future?
- New genres - They're coming. Curious where?
- Work source - Agents, pay-to-play, traditional... is your long-term marketing plan ready?
- To act or not to act - Styles always change. Will you be ready for generation XVO?
- SAG/AFTRA - Join it? Leave it? Forget about it?
- Show us the money - Which is growing faster: # of jobs or # of voice actors?
"Never before have so many doors of opportunity opened for voice talent. We're working in a global marketplace, and as such, the variety of needs and the way voices can be used are endless," said Stephanie. "Put another way, there's more work than you can shake a stick at! It is a privilege to join David Goldberg, George Whittam, Kristin Price and Johnny Heller on this unique dialogue on the future of voice-overs."
Will you be there?
Voice Over Virtual is produced by VoiceOverXtra LLC.
All the best,