By Lin Parkin
February 24, 2014
Have you ever wondered how to get on the Recently Hired list at Voices.com?
Well, three of the most frequently hired male voice talent on Voices.com are willing to share their expertise and knowledge with you at an exclusive Edge Studio event - and you don't have to be in New York to attend!
Suitable for voice actors of all experience levels, from those just getting started or those with existing subscriptions who want to up their ratio of auditions to awarded projects.
J. Michael explains, "It started with a steak lunch in New York City, where three talents you would expect to be the fiercest competitors became fast friends. Soon it was clear that we wanted to tell the VO world about how success in online casting is something that anyone with talent and commitment can achieve."
They are well aware that success in the online marketplace requires more than just a solid set of performance skills. Understanding the intrinsic way marketplaces work, how each one is different, how auditions are distributed and how to record and present your auditions for maximum impact are all equally important in order to achieve a high level of success.
"We believe that the industry is changing to a model where someone in Louisiana can be just as successful as someone in LA, where a talent in Nebraska can compete with the heavy hitters in New York. Online casting is at the forefront of this change, and with our combined track record of consistent success we decided to join forces to spread the secrets to excelling in this dynamic new world of voice-over."
Webinar #1 - Getting Started
- Overview of online casting sites
- Setting realistic expectations
- What do these websites look like from the perspective of the client?
- The basics of building your profile
Webinar #2 - Landing Your First Jobs
- The basics of setting up a home studio
- Picking the right equipment and software
- A home studio case study
- Auditions that win on online casting sites
- Script interpretation
- Review of several real projects, including auditions that won the job...as well as learning from auditions that didn't win!
- Business of online casting sites
- What jobs to audition for, and what ones to let pass
- The basics of optimizing your profile
Webinar #3 - Turning Up The Heat
- Recording and editing auditions using time saving tips and tricks
- Improving the audio quality of your auditions using processing
- Avoiding script interpretation mistakes
- Business of online casting sites
- Determining how much to bid on a project
- Cover letters and proposals
- Profile optimization - advanced tips
Webinar #4 - Bringing It All Together
- Exploring real profiles and critical review of real auditions
- Live review and critique of volunteer online profiles
- Live reviews of audition submissions - recording quality, interpretation, cover letter, pricing
- Open and candid Q&A with the experts
Monday, March 24
Wednesday, March 26
Wednesday, April 2
Monday, April 7
All classes are from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm ET
For pricing or to reserve your spot in this exclusive webinar, contact Edge Studio at 1-888-321-EDGE (3343).Related Topics: Brad Ziffer, David Kaplan, Edge Studio, J Michael Collins, Marketplace Tips, Online Casting, Voice Over Training, Webinars, Workshops
Explore a new resource hub covering all aspects of planning, scheduling and launching successful radio advertising campaigns.
Vox Daily offers a daily dose of voice acting news, articles, tutorials, interviews, intelligent conversation and business ideas for voice talent and voice actors.
Our feed & social options update you with special offers and news as it happens.