By Lin Parkin
July 11, 2014
If you've always wanted to do voice-overs specifically for cartoons, we've got some great news!
The prolific Sunday Muse, whose voice-over work can be heard on Total Drama Island, Undergrads, Rolie Polie Olie, Care Bears, JoJo's Circus, Time Warp Trio, Jane and the Dragon, Odd Job Jack, The Future is Wild, Jimmy Two-Shoes, and Arthur & Franklin - to name a few - is teaching a new workshop with her company Great Big Voices.
As a leading voice actor and teacher at NYU's Children's Theatre Company, and the National Theatre School, Sunday has become celebrity voice actor and the "go-to" person in the animation voice-over industry. Her students have gone on to book roles in major cartoon series including, Franklin (Nickelodeon), Chuck & Friends, Cat In The Hat, and Super Why (PBS).
Join VOX Daily to learn what's involved with her course.
Sunday Muse helps her students learn the techniques to achieve stand-out performances that are unique, original and entertaining.
She developed a voice acting technique she calls "Actively on the Spot," which teaches students how to animate their bodies and voice through connecting to the emotions and actions of the characters they are playing.
What You'll Learn
- How to connect to your script, creating a character and making it your own
- Overcome performance anxiety by giving you the confidence to step into the world of your character
- How to laugh your butt off
- Help you find your signature voice
- Build an original character repertoire through script, improvisation & music
- Show you how to really connect to your script and bring out the funny
- Give you the tools and knowledge base to help you step up your VO career
- Show you how to connect to the story you are telling through action and impulse
- Help you create memorable audition reads
- Show you what is holding you back from booking, and working through your blocks
- Help you define your repertoire for a Voice Over demo (applicable to those who wish to do a demo)
- Audition preparation, script breakdowns, mock auditions, walla, ensemble work, microphone technique
Where and When?
There are two dates scheduled so far:
- New York: October 11th and 12th from 10:00 am - 6:00 pm.
- Toronto: August 7th 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm.
For additional details, visit: greatbigvoices.com/
All the best,